Old 03-14-2022, 11:53 PM
Senior Chief

Default Nice barn find Judge

I stumbled across this, the article is fairly recent and I haven’t seen any mention of this any place else. Apologies if it’s ‘old news’.

https://www.holley.com/blog/showcase...of_retirement/

Old 03-15-2022, 05:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It was a pretty neat car. I saw it September 11 in Hellertown, pa. I could not find the owner though.

Old 03-15-2022, 10:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Angry

Was on facebook last year for 50k.
I talked to the owner who was flipping it. Wound up taking alot less. Real deal car that needs a resto but all numbers matcbing im told. New owner has since added the hidaway headlamps and the hurst wheels. Pretty sure it had sidepipes when found.

Old 03-16-2022, 04:55 AM
Senior Chief

I wonder where the new owner lives in New Jersey. I never seen this car around. Maybe when the weather starts getting nice again, it will pop up.

Old 03-16-2022, 12:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In 1969 I saw a brand new starlight black Judge in Erie PA, I was 16 at the time. I can still remember how striking a car that was at the time. I tried to turn around and get a better look at it. But by the time I got back to where I saw it (under and overpass on I-90 and state route 89 in Northeast PA) it had disappeared onto the east bound I-90 headed towards NY state.

That image was so striking that when I had my 69 GTO repainted (1973) I had the color changed from silver, to black, with candy flames, and I added a Judge spoiler to it also. You can see the car in the background in the picture of the 69 GP dirt car in my signature pics.

The black and gold paint scheme that the John Player formula one cars used, as well as the later Pontiac T/A 50th anniversary cars, that carried on in the bandit edition cars, has always been a favorite to me. I also had a buccaneer red 73 T/A, and a silver 73 Grand Am both repainted black. I then carried the tradition over to the dirt track cars I built and drove.

I think that image of seeing that 69 Judge is where it started for me. Back in the late 60s and early 70s, black was not seen too often. My father always mentioned to me that when a black car is clean, nothing looks better than it, but when a black car is dirty, nothing looks worse. Having owned more than a few, I can say that was correct. I always hated when my cars got dust on them, but going to as many dirt tracks as I did back then, it was going to happen.

I still wash my cars before attending the races, only to come out of the track to a car that looks like it was in a dust storm....... but it gives me an excuse to try to hammer it down the road after the races to see if i can blow the dust off, usually it hangs on until the next car wash though......

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated