Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 06-08-2022, 10:14 AM
Senior Chief

Also on the aluminum d ports do they have issues with exhaust header mounting threads stripping out ?

Old 06-08-2022, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

I haven't had any trouble with mine. I don't have a bunch of hot side tubing hanging off of them though either.

Old 06-08-2022, 09:12 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by er455 View Post
I already pressure checked and it holds the same pressure for 45 minutes , I don’t drive the car much especially in the summer too damm hot but I add maybe a quart , after 2 driving outings … I retorqued the heads , pulled plugs and they all look the same clean (thanks E85) so maybe a head porting guru knows if it’s common for a max ported 6x -4 head to develop a pin hole and could it be leaking into a intake or exhaust port ? I am not seeing any I’ll effects in the way the engine runs .. i guess the only way to really find out is to pull the heads major job with a turbo , or live with it .. going to try the GM tablets to see if that helps as suggested …
I would pull the heads.... we are car guys and that's half the fun... have them pressure tested and go from there. If they are leaking, it's a great time to step up to new aluminum heads.. itsa all a matter of perspective my friend.
Not every situation is good but there is good in all situations...worst case, you get better heads..

Old 06-08-2022, 09:32 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks for the encouragement guys ,