Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 04-23-2024, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Having trouble getting a catalog from Ames

As the title says, I am having trouble getting a paper catalog from Ames. I have a sizeable order and I would like to support Ames Performance Engineering. 2 reasons. 1. I was a personal friend of Steve Ames. (RIP) 2. I really appreciate the forum and the general support of the hobby. The on-line catalog does not have the detailed info I need to parse out before ordering these parts for the SD-455 car I am putting back together. I ordered a paper catalog by phone on April 5, 2024. I also sent an E-mail to Ames on the company Web site 3 days ago. No response back. I am going to fight this the rest of the week and then give up I guess. Classic Industries sends me 3-4 catalogs twice a year unsolicited, and they are full color and 600-800 pages each. They have everything I need. I am trying to do the "right thing". I have my order number, customer number and shipping address in the e-mail I sent. Didn't think I should list it here. Hopefully, this will reach someone and I will get a PM. Thanks again for the forum.

Old 04-23-2024, 12:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Strange - I received a paper catalog with a recent small order and I didn't even request one. I have enough paper magazines/catalogs laying around so I prefer the PDF version you can download from the website - and it should always be up to date. The online catalog has always been subpar, IMO.

Old 04-23-2024, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I called for an updated order for up to date pricing about a week before you Mr. Larson. Depending on the price of items I prioritize. I need a Firebird catalog as well.

Old 04-24-2024, 03:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was about to place a small order, and was going to ask that a catalog be included... watching.

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)
Old 04-24-2024, 08:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

On my last order a few months ago I checked off the box to receive a new catalog (it was a GTO order and GTO catalog was sent), and in the notes I also asked for a Firebird catalog.

Both were sent.

Hope Ames sorts this out. I understand the desire to support the forum sponsor.

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...
Old 04-25-2024, 08:02 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
As the title says, I am having trouble getting a paper catalog from Ames. I have a sizeable order and I would like to support Ames Performance Engineering. 2 reasons. 1. I was a personal friend of Steve Ames. (RIP) 2. I really appreciate the forum and the general support of the hobby. The on-line catalog does not have the detailed info I need to parse out before ordering these parts for the SD-455 car I am putting back together. I ordered a paper catalog by phone on April 5, 2024. I also sent an E-mail to Ames on the company Web site 3 days ago. No response back. I am going to fight this the rest of the week and then give up I guess. Classic Industries sends me 3-4 catalogs twice a year unsolicited, and they are full color and 600-800 pages each. They have everything I need. I am trying to do the "right thing". I have my order number, customer number and shipping address in the e-mail I sent. Didn't think I should list it here. Hopefully, this will reach someone and I will get a PM. Thanks again for the forum.
Hi mgarblik, I'm sorry to hear of the delay! Catalogs do take 2-3 weeks once ordering due to being mass mail ordered item. Please shoot me an email and we can make sure one has left already or is on it's way. Feel free to download a PDF of our catalog from the website in the meantime.

Thanks!
Kyler @ Ames
kyler@amesperf.com

Old 04-25-2024, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I believe a second catalog has been sent through a PM I received a day ago. First one may have been lost in the Columbus, OH sorting facility. I have had that happen before. I did not realize a PDF version was available until yesterday. I was using the On-Line catalog which lacks some detail in some areas. I may end up with 2 paper catalogs. Thanks for the response.

Old 04-25-2024, 01:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One for the garage, the other for the 'Boys Room'

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express

Old 04-25-2024, 03:36 PM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
I believe a second catalog has been sent through a PM I received a day ago. First one may have been lost in the Columbus, OH sorting facility. I have had that happen before. I did not realize a PDF version was available until yesterday. I was using the On-Line catalog which lacks some detail in some areas. I may end up with 2 paper catalogs. Thanks for the response.
What is your customer # if you have that available? I'll see if we can get this one expedited.

Old 04-25-2024, 03:46 PM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
I traced this down and we have already expedited the catalogs as of this morning.

Thanks!
Kyler @ Ames

Old 04-25-2024, 09:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you! (Is one coming my way) #154360

Old 04-26-2024, 11:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wanted to let the forum know my second request for catalogs came today and I have them in hand. Only three days since requested. That's fantastic and thank you. There is just something comforting about being able to leaf through a paper catalog, checking the detailed descriptions and then ordering what you want. BTW, my original request from 04/05/24 still hasn't arrived. It may some day, but I think it was lost somewhere along the line.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2024, 10:11 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dblnkldude View Post
Thank you! (Is one coming my way) #154360
4dblnkldude, our current Firebird catalog is still the F28 which I see was requested last month. If you haven't seen this one please feel free to give us a call and we'll get one right out.

Thanks!
Kyler @ Ames

Old 04-29-2024, 09:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sweet! I have that one. pricing is not super accurate/

Old 04-29-2024, 09:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

But I understand.