Old 10-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Duty D
So, Brew, Superbob, Winks, PrueSD, Norwood, and all, what is the fastest color then?
Two tones included.

BTW Brewster, How hard dose that 4-spd SD pull in third at WOT?

SDD

We all know that my 70 can barely break the tires loose....It might be Blue but its not this Lucerne Blue 70......I need a new clutch

Bob, just make sure its COLD

Old 10-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

you know, all this really belongs in the 1973-74 Super Duty Forum.
Moderators, would you please move this thread to the correct Forum?

Old 10-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 10-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

SDD,
When I hit WOT I hope your in the passenger seat with me !
Maybe 2008 is the year?

Craig, Ive seen that car of yours break the tires loose across a parking lot before and it seemed like it was NO problem.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[quote=Brewster]SDD,
When I hit WOT I hope your in the passenger seat with me !
Maybe 2008 is the year?

Darn it Brewster,

If I have to, I will help break in that trans!.
let's see what she will do......... Over.

SDD

74 SD TA 4spd.
72 442 W-30 auto, post coupe Bamboo. 1 of 19 total.
90 300zx TT 5spd.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Duty D
So, Brew, Superbob, Winks, PrueSD, Norwood, and all, what is the fastest color then?
Two tones included.

BTW Brewster, How hard dose that 4-spd SD pull in third at WOT?

SDD
You asked which color is faster;
My answer to that is it depends on how many people are pushing those Trailer Queens at the time.Owning an SD is one thing,but driving them is another...

Old 10-26-2007, 07:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, DRIVE !!!
I'd like to run in the '08 Power tour and will either take the SD or the '79. Either way, i'm driving.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

$95,655 and reserve not met. Oh well, guess you better keep it then.
keep that garage Buc colored!

SDD

74 SD TA 4spd.
72 442 W-30 auto, post coupe Bamboo. 1 of 19 total.
90 300zx TT 5spd.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Senior Chief

Yep, oh well. I had very mixed emotions about selling it anyway. Hey, it's not like $96k is chicken feed! I've had a couple of inquiries since the auction ended and I'll talk to them and see what they have to say. It still kinda baffles me that a '73 Brewster 4-speed that needs virtually a complete restoration can get $123k while my car couldn't top $100k. Must be the color.......Maybe the market is a little soft like everyone has been saying. I may put it back on next spring but who knows, I may kick myself for not taking the $96 a year from now........I guess I'll winterize it this week and think about it tomorrow……

By the way Brew, I put almost exactly 200 miles on the GTO this year before putting it away this past weekend. How many miles did you get on your trailer queen this year?

1970 RAIV GTO 4-speed
1974 Original owner Z-28 4-speed
2008 SRT10 Viper Very Orange (was SD TA!)
2015 Challenger Hellcat 6spd (was SD TA!)
Old 10-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dick,

Beautiful car, I guess it is just the wrong time of year. The spring time even in a soft year is better than the fall in a strong one. You WILL get your $ ....dont worry about it.

My trailor queen has gone 60 passes this year...a 1/4 mile at the time! The last weekend for fun is approaching. We will see....

Nothing is impossible if you break it down into possibilities. It's all a matter of "Want to".
Old 10-29-2007, 09:44 PM

Fantastic car rwinkles, you would only regret seeing it drive away. Fate said it belonged with you!

There were no crap colors in 73/74, Pontiac got it right, all good!! Imagine these cars in Sublime/Panther pink/ Plumb crazy......etc yuk!!

I know the guy who asked you the question about a 73 4sp Brewster SD and he is still looking for one. If you or anybody knows of one thats up for grabs could you let me know please.

UK's only RAV motor....
2006 Jeep GC SRT8
Old 10-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Its hard to compare a 73 4 sp sd to a 74. The green 73 did not need a full resto. I actually looked at that car in person. Market is soft but I think 96k for your car was good money. If it was my car I would have sold it if I needed the money. Who knows maybe it will do better in the spring, its a very nice car and I dont see the market getting worse on a car like that.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weranc55
Its hard to compare a 73 4 sp sd to a 74. The green 73 did not need a full resto. I actually looked at that car in person. Market is soft but I think 96k for your car was good money. If it was my car I would have sold it if I needed the money. Who knows maybe it will do better in the spring, its a very nice car and I dont see the market getting worse on a car like that.
I agree. Dick is great guy and the car seems to be a good one, but 73 vs 74 is a big price diference. Some people hate the bumpers etc. I personally like both but would prefer the 73. It's very similar to 70 vs 71 cudas, the market is double on the 71s. This is a combination of desireability and rarity. I have had both cudas, and actually like em both,though i kept my 70.
I would love this car, if i had the space but I would struggle to pay over 85 for it.

Just my $.02

John

Old 10-31-2007, 01:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tyrol Blue and Verdoro Green are the best colors ever.
2nd gen colors are close enough for me though.
Resale Red is for chevies

Seriously, although i hate what Barrett-Jackson has done to us lower income car guys, i would like to see what yours would bring on there.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 10-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree that 73's are more valuable to the collector than 74's. Even so, we are talking about 1 of 212 cars built.

We spoke to a guy who looked at that Brewster 73 that sold for $123k and he said it needed everything and that the pictures did it great justice. Put $50k into that car to get it to the level of Dick's 74 and there is your price disperity.

To suggest that Dicks perfect car is only worth $85K compared to the 73 at $123k is nothing more than an insult. The price differential is not that great!

2012 SRT8 Charger - 12.70 @ 111mph
Old 10-31-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdutybob
I agree that 73's are more valuable to the collector than 74's. Even so, we are talking about 1 of 212 cars built.

We spoke to a guy who looked at that Brewster 73 that sold for $123k and he said it needed everything and that the pictures did it great justice. Put $50k into that car to get it to the level of Dick's 74 and there is your price disperity.

To suggest that Dicks perfect car is only worth $85K compared to the 73 at $123k is nothing more than an insult. The price differential is not that great!
I said I personally would only pay that for it. What it sells for, is what it is worth. Also, Dick will tell you that the car is excellent....not "Perfect"
You also cannot take purchase price add resto costs and get value. It does not work that way. I think at 175k that guy in the 73 is upside down. I stand by MY opinion, and it is just that.
Bob, i believe you and i talked after both looking at the replacement block red 74 4sp here in Chicago a couple years ago. So i know you are knowledgeable.
I would never insult anyone, i just have my opinions on what SDs are worth.
I had a great conversation with Dick and found him to be my kind of car guy. I also expressed my opinion of what "I" would give him. I am still an interested in buying this car.
Hope that helps, but I stand by my opinion and until real money changes hand at that level for a 74 4sp......

Respectfully,

John

Old 10-31-2007, 08:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dick, you know I'm not done fixing up that car.

Besides I'd like to show it at a POCI show (July-Spearfish) and the Nat's before I rip it around. After all you've already have had the killer GTO around the circuit just like Ricks cars. Notice there always done right before a big show? good timing!

Steve got the same price for the white 4-speed car give or take +/-
Anyway, it's all about what one is willing to give for a certain item. If your selling that is? right Dick!
Brew

Old 11-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Senior Chief

Put the T/A's away for the winter today. Drove them both, added StaBil and filled the tanks (at $3.39 a gallon for Amoco 93 octane), aired up the tires, disconnected and charged the batteries, changed oil and filters and gave them a good going over with the wax and cleaners. I put another whopping 12 miles on T/A #2 (red/black) and it felt really good and tight. I may have to drive it more next year. In the meantime, I've got the next 4 or 5 months to decide what to do with it. Thanks for all the comments, suggestions, encouragement and otherwise!

As I reflect back on the year, seems like I never got out to as many car shows as I planned on in the spring and didn’t get out to drive the cars as much as hoped. Not sure if it’s not enough time or just being afraid to drive these cars on the public roads anymore – I guess a combination of both.

1970 RAIV GTO 4-speed
1974 Original owner Z-28 4-speed
2008 SRT10 Viper Very Orange (was SD TA!)
2015 Challenger Hellcat 6spd (was SD TA!)
Old 11-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Suspended

as far as i can tell,the green 73 and the red 74 were BOTH overpriced!the 73 needed a full resto and the 74 sounded like grandma was making a quilt.the all original 74 i sold for 53k was a much better car than both of these.dollar for dollar,the blue 74 was a STEAL!!!!!!

Old 11-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsgtos2
as far as i can tell,the green 73 and the red 74 were BOTH overpriced!the 73 needed a full resto and the 74 sounded like grandma was making a quilt.the all original 74 i sold for 53k was a much better car than both of these.dollar for dollar,the blue 74 was a STEAL!!!!!!
I don't even know what the hell this means! Please explain!

2012 SRT8 Charger - 12.70 @ 111mph