Old 08-19-2007, 11:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to VergeGTO
Default Just a warning... this time.

I came out of my side street and started out down the straight-away on Maple. A nice well paved back road. I had just tossed it into third as I came over the little hill… only to see two figures in the distance dressed in black in the middle of the road. One was pointing something at me. Crap. I immediately put on my right turn signal even before they flagged me down. They got me. It took them a while though.

As a rumbled slowly past them to turn onto the side street, I heard one say; “That was easy, we could hear him coming.” Mind you, they were a few football fields away from the top of that hill. (thanks MagnaFlow) As he walked up to the door I tried to come up with the best opening line I could. He looked me AND the car over and I said; “It was only a matter of time I guess.” (grinning sheepishly) The officer chuckled and spat out the standard “License and registration please.”

He took a quick look at the license and asked; “How do you pronounce your last name? Verge?” (surprisingly sounding it out correctly) To which I replied; “Yes, as in I am on the Verge of hoping I get a warning.” Another grin/chuckle to which he was off… to check me on his computer and make sure I wasn’t a serial killer or whatever.

After a long wait with kids on bikes gathering, people coming out of houses, and another recently trapped offender gawking on from his car, the officer returned. “Gonna give you a warning this time. Keep it down.”

I think one of the kids was clapping.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Got a warning early one morning going for coffee--officer came back and said--you got a good record--letting you off--Whew.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Warning?

The cops in Michigan don't know the word. The state budget is in such trouble they will pull you over for the slightest "non conformest" item. I believe their job and pay depends on the revinue they bring in. By the way don't use a licence plate cover to protect theft of the tab or to protect it from your trailer coupler, it'll cost ya $65 and a tongue lashing.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:04 PM

I was driving my '79 T/A into work one morning and I, of course, was running late. I was on a side street where you never, ever see cops and ....... yep....got nailed.
The lady officer swaggered up to my window, pushed her cap back, put her hands on her hips and said "So...ya got yourself a hot rod huh?"
My heart sunk....I gave her my best "boy do I feel stupid grin" and said "No ma'm, my husband owns the speed shop in town and I was just running late for work....."
She let me off with a warning and a "Have a nice day!"
Thank you...thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I have Flowmasters on my car and Ken says you can hear it coming from blocks away)