Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Any HVAC guys out there

Had a guy over today since they don"t make parts for the Lennox pluse anymore, and since mine is from 1984 i thought its about time i did something. LOL

Its still running good, no issues except i had the heat exchanger replaced about 9 years ago.

Heres the quote i got from the guy.

Lennox SLP 98 UHO70XV36B...........$3,997..........after rebates, installed $$3,322

Lenox nEL 296UH070XV36B "Elite Series" $ 3,360...after rebates, installed $ 2,785

Then i got the price on A/C

Lennox XC17-024...Installed with furnace $3,830

Lennox XC14-024..installed with furnace $3,501....on the A/C these prices are with 20% off with furnace,.

Checking with another buy, but he hasn"t gotten back to me yet........a Rheem dealer.

Just wondering, i did a check on the net to try to find prices, PITA, can"t seem to find anything.........

Do these prices seem ok to you guys, both furnaces "Gas" have 97% AFUE....the other one has a 96%AFUE....

Im lost on the variable speed vs the 2 stage one...

Sorry for the long post

Rich

Old 10-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Senior Chief

Rich, I sold Lennox HVAC a few years ago and remeber the pulse. not bad units but when they failed it was expensive. The new units are much better and more reliable. in your part of the world I would buy the best furnace you can afford and the cheaper A/C unit. I was in Sheridan, Wyoming and it was cold for 6 months of the year and warm for three. The other three were very nice. These prices are in line with industry averages. you may have rebates available locally through your energy producer for the more efficient models. I believe the federal tax credit expired in 2008 or 9. good luck with the purchase.

Jeff

1969 GTO
1967 Bonneville 4 Dr Brougham 428
1967 Bonneville 2 dr
1959 Buick LeSabre 2dr
Old 10-19-2012, 10:01 PM

if you were in ohio i could put the same units in for half that price if that helps

Old 10-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I like Amana's for the long term,stainless heat exchangers.for short term decent i like Goodmans.Goodman had a bad product years ago but for the price nowadays its a good product.Old lenox's lasted well.I think you can do alittle better on the price myself for what you got quoted.Anyone can sell and install it,the best companys sell,install and stand behind their work.If you didnt buy from me do not call me at 2am on christmas morning looking for a warranty call....Think of the service co's for a quote as well..GL

Old 10-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey thanks alot guys...........i got a few more guys comming over in the next day or two for estimates...........this is getting harder than buying a car. LOL

Quick question, seen a few references to stainless heat exchangers or aluminized metal ones.........whats up with that.

2nd quick question...........any really big difference in variable speed vs 2 stage.....im just wondering which one would give me less trouble as in $$$$$ down the road.

Im 61 now and plan on making this my first and last furnace purchase. LOL

Thanks again

Old 10-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lenox parts are expensive blower was $400 for the part on the last one i replaced , it was 5 1/2 years old .