Old 07-07-2003, 05:17 PM

I'm looking to purchase a '69 Catalina. It's not quite as good as I had hoped, but it's pretty good, and I really want it to be a driver, not a show car.

The immediate things it needs are:

A new driver's side mirror; The mirror is there, but apparently the cables from the inside control are broken off at the mirror. How much trouble is this? Cost?

The only other issue is weatherstripping, how much trouble is it to find/buy/replace the pieces above the windows? How much money and trouble am I looking at? Trunk pieces?

Other than that, the car ran great, drove great...

The top on the car has a soft rear window, is it possible to do a glass window when I replace the top (probably a couple of years away)?

The only other issue I have to see if I can deal with is the repaint isn't quite as nice as I would like (the chrome was masked off and so there is some overspray on the edges, etc). It seems to be holding up ok, it's not chipped, but you can tell it's not a brand new repaint...

It's also a 428, does that significantly add to the cost?

Any other thoughts?

thanks for tolerating the newbie...

Old 07-07-2003, 05:17 PM

I'm looking to purchase a '69 Catalina. It's not quite as good as I had hoped, but it's pretty good, and I really want it to be a driver, not a show car.

The immediate things it needs are:

A new driver's side mirror; The mirror is there, but apparently the cables from the inside control are broken off at the mirror. How much trouble is this? Cost?

The only other issue is weatherstripping, how much trouble is it to find/buy/replace the pieces above the windows? How much money and trouble am I looking at? Trunk pieces?

Other than that, the car ran great, drove great...

The top on the car has a soft rear window, is it possible to do a glass window when I replace the top (probably a couple of years away)?

The only other issue I have to see if I can deal with is the repaint isn't quite as nice as I would like (the chrome was masked off and so there is some overspray on the edges, etc). It seems to be holding up ok, it's not chipped, but you can tell it's not a brand new repaint...

It's also a 428, does that significantly add to the cost?

Any other thoughts?

thanks for tolerating the newbie...

Old 07-08-2003, 04:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

the mirrors come up quite often on ebay, they are the same as used on the GTOs. shouldn't be too difficult to replace. just about any of the major pontiac parts dealers carry the weatherstripping you are looking for , although it is expensive. better figure close to $300 for this. the trunk seal is about $20. glass windows are available also. i have a 70 catalina convertible. if i can be of any more help , just let me know