Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 11-20-2022, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsama View Post
500 hp at the flywheel or wheels? I run a 433 that puts down 505 hp at the wheels with nothing crazy so that shouldn't be tough.

Damn, I was planning flywheel. Would you mind sharing your build please?

Old 11-21-2022, 01:50 AM
Senior Chief

Sure:
428+.030, stock crank (cleaned and prepped), stock length maxxlite rods, Icon pistons, first generation edelbrock 72cc heads ported by SD Performance 315 cfm configuration, SD Old Faithful V 1.0 cam, crower hyd rollers, smith bros push rods, Harland Sharp 1.65 rockers, port-matched torker II, 1 inch spacer and Holley 950HP. I also have a vacuum pump set-up but that's not really necessary.

I run an AutoGear M22 wide ratio 4 speed and ford 9 inch 3:70 out back to help prevent me from becoming a modern art masterpiece at the track.

Old 11-21-2022, 06:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Surf,
What gear spacing is your trans?

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 11-21-2022, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 TRASHCAN View Post
Surf,
Same as a M20

The Following User Says Thank You to adamo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2022, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsama View Post
Sure:
428+.030, stock crank (cleaned and prepped), stock length maxxlite rods, Icon pistons, first generation edelbrock 72cc heads ported by SD Performance 315 cfm configuration, SD Old Faithful V 1.0 cam, crower hyd rollers, smith bros push rods, Harland Sharp 1.65 rockers, port-matched torker II, 1 inch spacer and Holley 950HP. I also have a vacuum pump set-up but that's not really necessary.

I run an AutoGear M22 wide ratio 4 speed and ford 9 inch 3:70 out back to help prevent me from becoming a modern art masterpiece at the track.
Love it, sounds like a very good combo and obviously is. Its also almost exactly what im planning including 315cfm ported ehead rd ports and even the cam is very close to what im looking at. Thanks for sharing.

Old 11-22-2022, 01:48 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 TRASHCAN View Post
Surf,
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamo View Post
Same as a M20
Correct, same as the M20 just built like an M22.

Old 11-22-2022, 05:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In "normal" street driving not stop light to stoplight hurry up I just dont feel any diff in a 4in or 4.21 stroke crank in my stick shift cars.The way they are built can show more of the diff.A 428 with a set of RA V heads and a 428 with a set of average D ports with the same cam the Vs are more lazy IMO.Tom

Old 11-22-2022, 09:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy597 View Post
Sounds like a good combo. Are your heads ported? And did you go with the 6.625 rod from molnar? And what pistons are you gonna run? And what cam if you don't mind me asking.

I plan on running the 12 heads. They are not ported yet, but I would like to get them ported this winter. I did order the 6.625 rod from Molnar. I just got the block back from the machinist. He’s happy to do any machine work, but doesn’t have any time for assembly. The block is already .030 over and it only needed a hone (there were only about 5k miles since the previous owner had it bored and rebuilt). Not sure about pistons yet. Paul K suggested cutting the 12s down to 65cc and then ordering the pistons with a dish in them. Now that I know my bore size is going to stay at .030, I really need to get the heads to someone. I don’t want to hijack your thread, but I just got the first photo of my intake that is being modified by one of Cliff’s disciples (fellow named Ray). It’s still a work in progress. He is also going to build my Q-jet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk