Old 09-01-2006, 10:47 PM

Default a/c judge convertibles

hey guys, posting my first thread , curious how many a/c equiped judge conv. produced or any you are aware of. i know of one, other than the one rusting in the barn. was reading another post stating appox. 275 hard tops with a/c seen those numbers somewhere myself. sure wish i could afford a rusty judge hard top project guess i will have to be content watching the rag rust. anyway any input apreciated thanx.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to 1969Judge

Welcome to the forum!

My main interest is in '69 Judge convertibles so I don't have much information on the other two years. I am aware of 2 or 3 4-speed cars with A/C and a couple of AT cars that had it also. This is out of about 45-50 cars that I am aware of the 108 built that year. That is actually more than I had expected since most of these cars were not heavily optioned.

You mentioned that you know of one that is rusting away in a barn. Is it your car? What year is it? I would be interested in hearing more about it.

I am always looking to get information on other '69 Judge converts. My goal is to document things like colors, options, where and when they were built, etc. Pontiac never kept this information but I wish they did.

If it is a '69 and you can help me add information on another car to my list I would appreciate it. Feel free to send me a Private Message (PM) on this if you would prefer.

Thanks,
Scott

Old 09-05-2006, 10:43 AM

pm sent

Old 09-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Never mind judges- a/c convertibles are uncommon not to mention 4 speed a/c verts.

Old 09-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponjohn
Never mind judges- a/c convertibles are uncommon not to mention 4 speed a/c verts.
Wish I knew then what I know now; I would have bought every musclecar convt with a 4 sp and a/c (Judge or otherwise) that I could have scraped together the $$$ to purchase... Only convt that I have now is the '66 Fairlane with a 289 and C4 Nice car, especially for what I paid for it, but I just can't seem to find someone who'll trade their 4 sp Judge convt for it.

Saw an article not too long ago in CC or Hot Rod about a guy who collects 4 sp convertibles almost exclusively. Smart man.

Scott

Old 09-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had a 68 gto 4 speed a/c hardtop. At the time (1986) I was told it was only one of 660 ( not sure how someone knew this?) but I tend to believe it now.

Last I knew (1996) it was in or around west palm beach. Had NOS fenders on it, bright red lacquer paint, black vinyl top, soft ray, in dash tach. A/c was coooooold. black interior.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:34 AM
Suspended

I think, as a rule, ragtops were ordered at a higher rate with AC than hardtops.

Also, there's a decent amount of info available in books and club publications. While not all of it is accurate, I would hope that these numbers being thrown around could be cited with a source.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:20 AM

ok, i found the numbers .dont know how valid but here they are.r/a 111 manual trans. hard top-295 conv.22 r/a111auto trans. hardtop-729 conv.31 .then shows 787r/a111 judges with a/c auto trans. dont break down 4 speed judges with a/c. are they possibly part of the 22 r/a111 man. trans. conv`s shown? numbers seem realistic to you? source gto heaven 1969 prod. numbers . just wondering if i have anything special or just another old judge conv.

Old 09-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The last time I checked, Judge convertibles are extremely special,
regardless of what options they came with. A/C is just gravy on the gravy.