Old 06-10-2001, 10:27 PM

My '64 LeMans now has a 400 from a '67 GTO slightly further back in the frame than the stock 326, and a "universal" fan shroud. Had to put a longer spacer on the fan to move it forward into the shroud. But it's running hot, and I'm wondering how far into the shroud it should be? Any recommendations?

- Jon

Old 06-10-2001, 10:27 PM

My '64 LeMans now has a 400 from a '67 GTO slightly further back in the frame than the stock 326, and a "universal" fan shroud. Had to put a longer spacer on the fan to move it forward into the shroud. But it's running hot, and I'm wondering how far into the shroud it should be? Any recommendations?

- Jon

Old 06-10-2001, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

1/2 in and 1/2 out is the best rule to go by.

Old 06-11-2001, 06:06 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just went throug this about 3 weeks ago on my buddys 67 . He had the same problem . We attended a show and started checking out all the cars who had the hoods opened . We came to the concluesion that it should be 1/4 into the shroud and 3/4 out of the shroud .