Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 10-10-2002, 09:57 PM

Well, I'm about half way through the 400 removal. I disconnected the AC Pump, but there is not enough slack in the hoses to get it out of the way conveniently. Is there any part of the hose connections that I can remove without loosing freon? Like maybe downstream from the pump (not the canister side)? Anybody have any clever ideas about how to get the AC Pump out of the way?

I also just noticed that there is a back bracket on the pump wich goes to the center head bolt between the 2 middle exhaust ports. This center head bolt is double sided with a nut on top to hold the bracket. I've already got a complete 455 with heads bolted on and no double sided bolt for the center. Can I remove the 1 bolt and torque down the double sided bolt in its place? I have the ARP head bolts on it now and the motor has already been run in on a test stand. I hate to take out the head bolt, maybe I could just take the back bracket off the AC pump?

Thanks,
Jason

1965 GTO 4brl/4spd

Hi, my name is Jason . . . and I'm a Pontiholic!
Old 10-10-2002, 09:57 PM

Well, I'm about half way through the 400 removal. I disconnected the AC Pump, but there is not enough slack in the hoses to get it out of the way conveniently. Is there any part of the hose connections that I can remove without loosing freon? Like maybe downstream from the pump (not the canister side)? Anybody have any clever ideas about how to get the AC Pump out of the way?

I also just noticed that there is a back bracket on the pump wich goes to the center head bolt between the 2 middle exhaust ports. This center head bolt is double sided with a nut on top to hold the bracket. I've already got a complete 455 with heads bolted on and no double sided bolt for the center. Can I remove the 1 bolt and torque down the double sided bolt in its place? I have the ARP head bolts on it now and the motor has already been run in on a test stand. I hate to take out the head bolt, maybe I could just take the back bracket off the AC pump?

Thanks,
Jason

1965 GTO 4brl/4spd

Hi, my name is Jason . . . and I'm a Pontiholic!