Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 10-11-2002, 11:54 PM

I found out why my 400 is dumping oil like mad. There is no soft plug on the back of the engine behind the cam. I honestly don't know if it popped out (which I'm pretty sure is nearly impossible) or if my friend and I just completely forgot to put it in. What's weird is that it didn't leak like this until recently. I mean I didn't drive it much in last year or so but it never leaked. I now know why fixing my adapter gasket caused the sudden leak. The pressure increased because the oil didn't have an easier path to go so it found it's new path, lol. I feel like a moron for letting something like that slip by me, lol.

Many have tried to prove that they're faster,
But they didn't last and they died as they tried.

Hell bent
Hell bent for leather

Hell bent
Hell bent for leather
Old 10-11-2002, 11:54 PM

I found out why my 400 is dumping oil like mad. There is no soft plug on the back of the engine behind the cam. I honestly don't know if it popped out (which I'm pretty sure is nearly impossible) or if my friend and I just completely forgot to put it in. What's weird is that it didn't leak like this until recently. I mean I didn't drive it much in last year or so but it never leaked. I now know why fixing my adapter gasket caused the sudden leak. The pressure increased because the oil didn't have an easier path to go so it found it's new path, lol. I feel like a moron for letting something like that slip by me, lol.

Many have tried to prove that they're faster,
But they didn't last and they died as they tried.

Hell bent
Hell bent for leather

Hell bent
Hell bent for leather
Old 10-12-2002, 12:11 AM

And now a word from Homer Simpson: DOH! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Glad you were able to find the problem. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Let's go racing!
www.outlawpontiacs.com/members/B-Man2.php
www.outlawpontiacs.com/members/B-Man.php

[This message was edited by b-man on October 12, 2002 at 03:21 AM.]