WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 12-22-2003, 09:27 AM

Don't care what the performance is like...it looks like a suppository on wheels.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Champ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by judge_jury_executioner_69:
yeah im still waiting for him to admit he was wrong about the LT1 running under 13.6. still waiting im not gonna hold my breath tho.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if you are referring to this,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>13.5 for a firehawk ? thats faster then 13.6 and its a LT1. what excuse this time ?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe you should realize that the Firehawk is a specially modified car built by SLP Engineering.

Interestinly enough, at the link you provided, they posted the times for the Firehawk and the Trans Am right next to each other, and the Trans Am ran a _14.8_...

From your own link that you used:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Q: How fast is my LS1 car?

A: Once again, each car will perform differently, however various magazines have tested the new cars, and came up with quarter mile times between 13.6 and 13.9 _stock_ for 1/4 mile times, and top speeds between 160 for the Camaro to 162 for the Trans Am WS6.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So from your own source, a 13.6 is the best time produced by a _STOCK_ LS1.

The GTO posted a 13.62.

Thanks for providing the information to prove you wrong...

I'll be waiting for your apology...

http://kurtsplates.homestead.com/files/wisconsin.jpg

http://kurtspontiac.homestead.com/Mi...64GTOConv.html

http://community.webshots.com/album/15849580xmGcRmPeoB/

http://community.webshots.com/album/12663529FeuMopVfMu/&lt;HR&gt;&lt;/BLOCKQUOTE&gt;

i know SLP made the firehawk. but its still a LT1. as far as i know basically it has a diffrent exhaust. its not like theyre putting turbos or blowers on the car. the firehawk stock from SLP does 13.5. oh i forgot the chrome rims. does that give it a tenth or 2 over a car with stock rims ? cmon man you can do better then that.
Greatest Of All Time
Old 12-22-2003, 10:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Champ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by judge_jury_executioner_69:
yeah im still waiting for him to admit he was wrong about the LT1 running under 13.6. still waiting im not gonna hold my breath tho.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if you are referring to this,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>13.5 for a firehawk ? thats faster then 13.6 and its a LT1. what excuse this time ?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe you should realize that the Firehawk is a specially modified car built by SLP Engineering.

Interestinly enough, at the link you provided, they posted the times for the Firehawk and the Trans Am right next to each other, and the Trans Am ran a _14.8_...

From your own link that you used:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Q: How fast is my LS1 car?

A: Once again, each car will perform differently, however various magazines have tested the new cars, and came up with quarter mile times between 13.6 and 13.9 _stock_ for 1/4 mile times, and top speeds between 160 for the Camaro to 162 for the Trans Am WS6.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So from your own source, a 13.6 is the best time produced by a _STOCK_ LS1.

The GTO posted a 13.62.

Thanks for providing the information to prove you wrong...

I'll be waiting for your apology...

http://kurtsplates.homestead.com/files/wisconsin.jpg

http://kurtspontiac.homestead.com/Mi...64GTOConv.html

http://community.webshots.com/album/15849580xmGcRmPeoB/

http://community.webshots.com/album/...></BLOCKQUOTE>

admit that i was wrong abotu what ? i started this post by saying that the GTO is slower then a import. you try to twist words around and the fact still is the new GTO is slow. how can you argue that point ?

Greatest Of All Time
Old 12-23-2003, 04:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i know SLP made the firehawk. but its still a LT1. as far as i know basically it has a diffrent exhaust. its not like theyre putting turbos or blowers on the car. the firehawk stock from SLP does 13.5. oh i forgot the chrome rims. does that give it a tenth or 2 over a car with stock rims ? cmon man you can do better then that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The STOCK Trans Am from your link ran a 14.8.

The SLP Firehawk ran a 13.5.

The STOCK new GTO is 1.2 seconds quicker than the STOCK Trans Am from your souce.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>admit that i was wrong abotu what ? i started this post by saying that the GTO is slower then a import. you try to twist words around and the fact still is the new GTO is slow. how can you argue that point ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I didn't bring up the Firehawk, you did.

Your link provided the info that proved you wrong.

A real man would admit he was misinterpreting the info he used to try and prove a point when his own source contradicts his conclusion.

As to imports, if you like em so much, why not sell your Pontiac and buy one.

My '64 GTO Convertible Webpage

The '49 Caddy Limo Page

The '72 Camaro Page
Old 12-24-2003, 02:19 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by judge_jury_executioner_69:

i know SLP made the firehawk. but its still a LT1. as far as i know basically it has a diffrent exhaust. its not like theyre putting turbos or blowers on the car. the firehawk stock from SLP does 13.5. oh i forgot the chrome rims. does that give it a tenth or 2 over a car with stock rims ? cmon man you can do better then that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The STOCK Trans Am from your link ran a 14.8.

The SLP Firehawk ran a 13.5.

The STOCK new GTO is 1.2 seconds quicker than the STOCK Trans Am from your souce.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>admit that i was wrong abotu what ? i started this post by saying that the GTO is slower then a import. you try to twist words around and the fact still is the new GTO is slow. how can you argue that point ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I didn't bring up the Firehawk, you did.

Your link provided the info that proved you wrong.

A real man would admit he was misinterpreting the info he used to try and prove a point when his own source contradicts his conclusion.

As to imports, if you like em so much, why not sell your Pontiac and buy one.

contradicts what ? do you understand english ? mr gto said no LT1 ( stock ) ran under 13.6 and i said yes a stock firehawk( LT1 ) ran 13.5. is my math wrong ? 13.5 is faster then 13.6 right? what am i wrong about ? i dont like imports. thats another thing you are twisting my words about. just because i point out that the GTO isnt fast and would lose to imports that makes me a import fan ? no. its embarassing that a car(s) with half the cylinders woud beat the new GTO. what makes the new GTO special? just the name is all i can think of. maybe you can explain what i am wrong about so i know what im contradicting. a real man dont twist other peoples words. it just makes them look/sound stupid.

Greatest Of All Time
Old 12-24-2003, 02:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

diffrence between firehwak and formula
http://www.onyxhawk.com/

cold air and suspension. optional exhaust.its not like they put a turbo on it or something .

Greatest Of All Time
Old 12-24-2003, 03:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yea, the Firehawk ran a mid 13. That isn't a stock Z28 nor is it a stock Formula. And yes, it does get cold air, better tires and a MUCH better exhaust. Those mods should knock a half second off the times.

But like I said, it wasn't stock.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>contradicts what ? do you understand english ? mr gto said no LT1 ( stock ) ran under 13.6 and i said yes a stock firehawk( LT1 ) ran 13.5. is my math wrong ? 13.5 is faster then 13.6 right? what am i wrong about ? i dont like imports. thats another thing you are twisting my words about. just because i point out that the GTO isnt fast and would lose to imports that makes me a import fan ? no. its embarassing that a car(s) with half the cylinders woud beat the new GTO. what makes the new GTO special? just the name is all i can think of. maybe you can explain what i am wrong about so i know what im contradicting. a real man dont twist other peoples words. it just makes them look/sound stupid.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And a real man doesn't continue to perpetuate a myth that a Firehawk is a "Stock" car with a "Stock" LT1.

From your recent link:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>A Firehawk begins life on the regular assembly line in Quebec as a Firebird Formula with the Chevy LT1 350cid V-8 motor (275hp). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now from your previous link, here are the times that the "Stock" LT1 ran in various magazine tests:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>0-60 1/4 mile Top Speed Model
---- ------------ --------- ----------------
6.1 14.8 @ 97 155 Z28 Coupe
6.3 14.8 @ 97 155 Trans Am Coupe M6
4.9 13.5 @ 104 160 Firehawk Coupe M6 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And back to your new link:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>All of these upgrades result in 300hp and 335 ft-lbs torque. Starting in 1994, SLP also offered a freer flowing exhaust system which brought the horse power up to 315 and torque to 342 ft-lbs.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your link is referencing an August '94 article of Chevy High Performance that provided the previously mentioned 1/4 mile times, so the Firehawk was a '94.

So, the Firehawk benefited by a "rated" 35 HP advantage, and as a result produced an ET that was 1.3 seconds faster.

I'm not a drag racing expert, but there are many here that could tell us if 35 HP will provide a 1.3 second improvement.

Bottom line, the "STOCK" LT1 produced a 14.8 per the CHP article.

And if you read further in your own link, it provides numerous road tests from Road and Track, Car and Driver, Motor Trend, Consumer Reports, Automobile and Autoweek that show ET's between 13.9 (Car and Driver 6/97) and 15.1 (Consumer Reports 10/93) for a Firebird.

Every other report listed for a Firebird lists times in the 14's.

If you would just read and comprehend all the information you find to attempt to prove your point you'd realize that everything you link simply proves you are wrong.

And let's take this one step further.

SLP will be getting their hands on some GTO's. After they do their tweaks to the car, will you accept those numbers as "STOCK" times?

If SLP improved the Firebird by 1.3 seconds and can do the same for the GTO, then the GTO is going to be a 12.3 car!!!

Is that "FAST"?

The '49 Caddy Limo Page

The '72 Camaro Page
Old 12-24-2003, 10:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

the whole point of the link was for the firehawk. i dont give a sh** what the t/a would run. thats what happens when you twist words. the stock firehawk will run 13.5. what motor did it have in it ? LT1. becuase the firehawks have ram air and optional exhaust and diffrent rims/tires thats not a stock LT1 ? where did you read in that link that said they done something diffrent to the same LT1 that is in slowmaros and t/a's ? yes it is a "specialty" car. but the point is it has the same LT1 thats in other GM cars.

Greatest Of All Time
Old 12-26-2003, 07:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

the whole point of the link was for the firehawk. i dont give a sh** what the t/a would run. thats what happens when you twist words. the stock firehawk will run 13.5. what motor did it have in it ? LT1. becuase the firehawks have ram air and optional exhaust and diffrent rims/tires thats not a stock LT1 ? where did you read in that link that said they done something diffrent to the same LT1 that is in slowmaros and t/a's ? yes it is a "specialty" car. but the point is it has the same LT1 thats in other GM cars.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read your own link.

I quoted the link where it says the "STOCK" LT1 is 275 HP and where it says the Firehawk has 315HP.

So obviously, it is not the same "STOCK" LT1 as the other cars.

You're the one who's trying to twist that a Firehawk has a "STOCK" LT1, when everyone knows that 315 HP is 15% over stock.

How many guys at the strip would like to have an EXTRA 15% HP over their competitor in a headsup race?

If you want to talk "STOCK" let's talk "STOCK".

If you want to talk tuner cars, let's wait and see what SLP does with the GTO.

If they do the same for the GTO that they did for the FIREBIRD, than you're talking a low 12 second car...

The '49 Caddy Limo Page

The '72 Camaro Page
Old 12-26-2003, 09:31 AM

My 96 Impala SS ran 13.2 @ 101 and weighed over 4200 lbs with me in it! However it cost me over $20,000 in aftermarket parts to get it there. Just sold it for the down payment on my 04 Goat.

slick50
Old 12-27-2003, 09:53 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Who are some of you guys tring to kid. The suites at Pontiac came right out and said they were not building this car for the Pontiac owners of old. They were building it for the import kids to take import sales. I will show no loyalty twards this car, since they kicked the old GTO lovers in the face. I could care a less how fast it is either, because any kid with a Ford focus and NAWZ could beat it.

In my opinion Ford kicked GTO's butt with their new Mach 1 car. I like the old Ponchos best but all the old muscle cars bring a smile to my face. The new Mach one reminds me of the old Mach 1. Once again I am not that concerned about stock pereformance because all it needs is NAWZ.

MIKEY, here you go again calling guys little men. Remember Mike "YOU ARE A LITTLE MAN". I have seen you and everyone else has seen you on your love me picture site. I know you claim to be just short in stature but a real man inside. Well I see it as a little guy hiding behind his computer calling other guys less than men. By the way, its proven that most women dont like guys your size. They dont consider you men. Not my opinion of course Mike ,but theirs.

Also Mikey dont you have two of those awful Chebbys at your house? Dont tute your horn on being the almighty Pontiac guy when you rebuilt a Camaro. I know its your wifes but you claim to be such a man. Are you wearing the pant?

Happy new year ALL!!!

Mr. GTO I respect your opinion on the GTO, but this is mine.

ET 13.2 and spinning like a mother

ET 12.504
MPH 107
3940 lbs
Old 12-27-2003, 10:04 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Pontiac should have contacted Champ on the hood scoops. Check out his car with the NAPPA specials.

ET 12.504
MPH 107
3940 lbs
Old 12-27-2003, 12:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Darrell...
From your embarrassing thread in the lobby...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I guess I will stay away from these type of discussions in the future. I will just stick to the race forum. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why don't you follow through on your earlier promise to only post on the race forum?

Or did you forget about that???

The '49 Caddy Limo Page

The '72 Camaro Page

[This message was edited by The Champ on December 27, 2003 at 02:53 PM.]
Old 12-27-2003, 12:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yer right Mikey I'm not tall, I'm AVERAGE. YOU are less than average. Thats not I look down on you ( no pun) its because you are a pompous A**

ET 12.504
MPH 107
3940 lbs
Old 12-27-2003, 12:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darrell:
Yer right Mikey I'm not tall, I'm AVERAGE. YOU are less than average. Thats not I look down on you ( no pun) its because you are a pompous A**
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just changed my above post, evidently at the same time you were posting.

Follow through on your promise.

The board will be better for it.

The '49 Caddy Limo Page

The '72 Camaro Page
Old 12-28-2003, 05:00 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> [As for the folks that glorify the rUsTanG, just remember that the rUsTanG comes in many different varieties. The base rUsTanG comes with a V6, the modern equivalent of the original L6 that that the original rUsTanG had.

The GTO has never had a 6 cylinder. Not in 1964, and not in 2004.

/QUOTE]

I dont think Mustang was considered a muscle car till they came out with the Mach 1. I dont think Tempest was a muscle car till the GTO. My point is Mach 1 still has never had a 6 banger much like the GTO.
[QUOTE] I don't want to drive something with a three foot wing and a fart pipe out the back. I don't even want to be near one.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mike does this mean you want take a ride in my Judge when its done?
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> A real man would admit he was misinterpreting the info he used to try and prove a point when his own source contradicts his conclusion.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wow Mike in your own words.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm not a drag racing expert, but there are many here that could tell us if 35 HP will provide a 1.3 second improvement.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No friggen way!!!!!!!!
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Why don't you follow through on your earlier promise to only post on the race forum?

Or did you forget about that??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I didn't forget MIke, I just changed my mind.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Well, my 1ST GTO anyway (read the plate)...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is that really a GTO? You seem to frown on Cars with fake wings, but you put fake scoops on your GTO (or tempest).

I am just learning with the quote thing, so please forgive me if its fubar.

ET 12.504
MPH 107
3940 lbs
Old 12-28-2003, 05:02 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well I guess I messed up the Quote thing. How do you do that?

ET 12.504
MPH 107
3940 lbs
Old 12-28-2003, 05:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Apparently the "opinion" poll on a new car most of us have not even seen live yet, much less driven, has shifted to bashing of members classic rides, and pride of them.

Not cool!

CT Gross
------------------------------------------

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood"!

66 Blue GTO
http://community.webtv.net/ctgross/GTO

"Its never too late to have a happy childhood"!

I told my dad I was going to stop raising hell, and he called me a quitter!
Old 12-28-2003, 05:59 AM
crazy ray

[/QUOTE]Apparently the "opinion" poll on a new car most of us have not even seen live yet, much less driven, has shifted to bashing of members classic rides, and pride of them.

Not cool!

CT Gross

Well said, At the same time I think the reverse is also true. Some classic owners dont want anything else to subtract from what they own.So they bash everything else, others try to compare against what they have. Pride comith before the fall.

Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.