Old 07-24-2022, 10:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 66 radiator bracket

Put a cold case radiator in my 66 gto.............my hold down clamp is from ames, seems the fit is well not up to par...............the cold case is about 3 inches wide..............would an orginial hold down fit better.............seems odd that they would seeing no radiators where 3 inches thick back then..........who knows

Rich

Old 07-24-2022, 10:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If it helps i already have the ames 119yc upper bracket, that seems to be the problem fitting................not sure on the lowers but think i have the 4 core brackets.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i'm assuming you have the insulator with your hold down bracket. As it is rubber, it can be carved to be a perfect fit.

Old 07-25-2022, 08:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Andre, i have the rubber in the bracket, its not a matter of craving the rubber , seems when i put on the bracket only the front of the brackets rubber is touching the radiator..........almost seems like the braket itself needs bending, i tried that , its not moving without wrecking it with a BFH.

Old 07-25-2022, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just a follow up on this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, got it to fit quite a bit better with grinding the rubber insert down..............looks pretty good, so im good to go.............thanks Andre

Old 07-26-2022, 07:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Perfect!