Old 08-06-2022, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtorich View Post
Thanks for that info, i thought the taller uppers had an effect on them also..........thinking i need the car up at least a inch more.......will have to look into this some more.

Rich
The taller lower ball joint lowers the control arm in relation to the car, and the spring sits into the control arm. The upper end of the spring sits inside the frame, not in the upper control arm, so a taller upper ball joint doesn’t affect the ride height.

66 GTO, 495, M22, Strange S-60 w/4.10
Sold new at Ace Wilson's Royal Pontiac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUHC-Z8xhtg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Singleton For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2022, 07:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
The taller lower ball joint lowers the control arm in relation to the car, and the spring sits into the control arm. The upper end of the spring sits inside the frame, not in the upper control arm, so a taller upper ball joint doesn’t affect the ride height.
Got it, thanks for the explanation..........replacing the lower bj is only gonna get me a 1/2 inch, so im thinking im gonna have to get stock height springs, and that should get me the 1 inch i need.........hopefully. lol

Reason i went with the 1 inch lowering spring, everyone was saying you have to cut the stockers because they are too high...........this stuff is really getting confusing.

Rich

Old 08-08-2022, 12:44 PM
Senior Chief

the BASIC method for getting the ride height you WANT.... buy springs and install them. Step 2, measure how far OFF they are from what YOU WANTED. Step 3, remove coils and cut as needed or add spacer as needed.

Yes it sux...but thats the ONLY method that has consistently actually ends with the proper result. MODIFICATIONS are typically 2:1 ratio (if you need to raise it 1/2"...use a 1/4" spacer and vice versa)

The Following User Says Thank You to 67Fbird For This Useful Post: