Old 10-22-2021, 04:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeGermanHam View Post
I'm okay with slow, I just need to not be told repeatedly that my parts are shipping out later in the week and then never receive them for 6+ months and counting... I know stuff is crazy right now with the supply chain, but I need straight answers so I can plan and adapt.
Don’t ever call SMS then! My stuff’s been shipping in a couple weeks for over a year.

Old 10-25-2021, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Don’t ever call SMS then! My stuff’s been shipping in a couple weeks for over a year.
How long you in for? I ordered seat covers in March 2020 - still waiting.
Went ahead and ordered door panels recently - hopefully they'll be done before I'm done restoring the car for the 2nd time. (its not even on the road yet - this is the 1st resto)

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.
Old 10-25-2021, 02:55 PM
Senior Chief

I ordered my seat covers from Legendary took 5 months to get it came in Friday, Saturday my son and I started recovering, finished up this morning. Perfect fit looks just like the original . Got the Parchment spray from Ames to spray the plastic and head rest couldn't ask for a better match.

The Following User Says Thank You to GTO JONES For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2021, 12:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScumOne View Post
I got two Arctic White leather seat covers for my 98 Trans Am from Richmond Auto Upholstery in Houston, TX in just 30 days. Now I can't get anyone to install them around Prescott AZ as they're all booked till 2022. Frustrating.
Installing those isnt too bad a job aside from the head rests.

Old 11-06-2021, 12:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JONES View Post
I ordered my seat covers from Legendary took 5 months to get it came in Friday, Saturday my son and I started recovering, finished up this morning. Perfect fit looks just like the original . Got the Parchment spray from Ames to spray the plastic and head rest couldn't ask for a better match.
Pics would be very cool

Old 01-04-2022, 12:31 PM

I emailed Legendary on 12/30/21 about leadtime for seatcovers for my 66 GTO. This is there reply: "Seat covers and door panels are currently 34 weeks out. The other interior parts range from 4-16 weeks to get."

Old 01-04-2022, 12:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTeeOhh View Post
I emailed Legendary on 12/30/21 about leadtime for seatcovers for my 66 GTO. This is there reply: "Seat covers and door panels are currently 34 weeks out. The other interior parts range from 4-16 weeks to get."
Ouch. What color seat covers were you inquiring about? Was it for a color other than black?

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
Old 01-04-2022, 12:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTeeOhh View Post
Custom seat cover colors and door panels were 34 weeks out last year.
They seem to have employee covid rotation time out of work..

It IS New York ........
2 years ago it was 45 weeks for door panels ...

Old 01-04-2022, 01:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I called legendary and spoke to a person regarding door panels for my TATA back in nov maybe. They told me it would be at LEAST june before they would get to them!

Old 01-04-2022, 01:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't try to cut in line, I ordered some Legendary rear seat covers a couple weeks ago.

Old 01-04-2022, 02:16 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
Pics would be very cool
For some reason I have trouble getting pictures on here, I'll work on it.

Old 01-04-2022, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Ouch. What color seat covers were you inquiring about? Was it for a color other than black?
black

Old 01-04-2022, 02:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Before Thurs PM, completing another good sized order with Legendary.
Last years New Years Big Sale order trickled in, the last being here before middle of May, so 4 1/2 months. The last items shipped were the seat upholstery, just as expected. 5 months, 6 months, 7 months, not a huge deal, have to plan ahead.

Old 01-04-2022, 03:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I purchased black Legendary seat covers for my '66 on August 9th from Ames and they shipped right away. I also bought Legendary rear door panels in the same order, but they were drop-shipped from Legendary and took a month or two to arrive. Armrest pads took a bit longer yet. Sounds like the ETAs are all over the place.

Old 01-04-2022, 04:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just posted on the 70-73 Firebird section about this. I had an upholsterer recover a set of Recaro's and custom rear seats (narrowed due to mini tub) for my 70 Formula. I wanted the factory look, so the upholster used material I bought from Legendary, and mimicked the OEM pattern. I planned to use Legendary door panels, but they were at least a year out, so I had the upholsterer make those for me as well. Between the cost of labor (about 70 hours for the front seats and door panels, still waiting on the rears) and materials I had to source, it wasn't inexpensive. But I'm happy with how it's turned out, and it got done quickly.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8486.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	581365  

Old 01-04-2022, 04:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I purchased black Legendary seat covers for my '66 on August 9th from Ames and they shipped right away. I also bought Legendary rear door panels in the same order, but they were drop-shipped from Legendary and took a month or two to arrive. Armrest pads took a bit longer yet. Sounds like the ETAs are all over the place.
It depends on who has what in stock. I called Legendary about the door panels for my tata, they told me 7 -8 months, I did a search of all the vendors online and NPD had 1 pair in stock. I ordered those had them in a week. I checked back and they showed 0. I do think I got the last pair that had been sitting around. I felt very lucky.

Old 05-09-2022, 10:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default I found a set!!!

I was just randomly searching for things on ebay; and a set of black '71 GTO front bucket covers came up!!
After much drama with Fedex delivering them to the wrong address, I have them in hand. I bought some rings and pliers too.
They are the PUI covers. Says "Made in USA".
I had some horrible PUI seat covers in my '66 lemans but these look more like the real thing than those did; and anything is better than the ripped seat i've been sitting on.

If you have any tips for a first timer, please post or send me a link. I'll be searching through some threads tonight.

Old 05-10-2022, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Contact Rambow on this forum. He seems to be very knowledgeable about interiors. Good luck.

Old 05-10-2022, 02:58 PM

I did my entire interior with stuff from Legendary. Great stuff, seat covers and door panels were spot on. Bright blue so took 8 months, that was over a year ago though. The lighting in my garage makes the map pocket on the door appear to be an entirely different shade, but it's an effect of the camera. IRL they're almost spot on. The map pockets were refurbed and color matched by Just Dashes when they did my dash.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/s8QVVRNWqCQhBBSR6

Old 05-10-2022, 03:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I redid the front buckets in my '66 with Legendary covers using the tutorial videos on Legendary's YouTube channel (LINK) and they came out flawless on my first try. Looks like they have some videos that will be applicable to your '71, although there is a lot of crossover with other years of A-bodies as well. Also, be sure to get yourself some compound bolt-cutters (like THESE) if you haven't already. Lastly, I found that having an assortment of three different hog ring sizes was immensely helpful. Depending on how much material you are securing, sometimes you need a larger hog ring, sometimes smaller, etc.