Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 03-01-2022, 01:05 PM
Senior Chief

Default American Power Train Shipping Issues (on going no parts for 3.5 months)

Ordered my Tremec Kit on November 19th, 2021, got everything but the shifter and bell housing. American Powertrain said 5-8 days on back order. Now 3.5 months matter still no bell housing or shifter, they said at earliest first part of March. It's getting a bit ridiculous now. Wonder if they are still selling kits knowing they can't fulfill the orders? Others having this experience.

Old 03-01-2022, 02:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

What part of global backlog don’t you get. Not to be an ass but seriously. NOTHING is shipping. Elections have consequences…..

236 244@ .050 108 LSA .511 lift, duration 289,297 @.oo6
Edelbrock Aluminum 87cc round port heads Larger valves ,ported polished and cut
Powerjection3,T2 manifold, Try-y’s
Flowcooler water pump.
71 formula with TKO600,hydraulic clutch 3.42 posi and 26 inch tire.
17x9 YO Honeycombs with Nitto 555's
Old 03-01-2022, 04:17 PM
Senior Chief

Yes. I’m doing a refresh on my ‘69 Bird, interior color change, gauges, shifter, etc. I ordered everything in December. I have 13 suppliers going. The Hurst Dual Gate is on back order, no promise date. So I bought a ‘67 GTO Dual Gate from Ames in stock. Not bolt-in, will need fabrication of the tunnel and make new brackets. Dakota Digital said April, so I bought a full array of Autometer gauges for the dash and am fabricating a fiberglass console gauge housing. I got the last set of door trims from Summitt, not available anywhere else. Vintage Air says April. I got Legendary front seat trim, but had to get PUI Rear trim, they look identical. Legendary was September for custom orders. Lecarra steering wheels are April. Carpet and everything else no problem, from multiple suppliers. Hard to find stock at one single supplier.

Old 03-02-2022, 06:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Haven't order parts from them in awhile. 3.5 months is too long a wait. I would try cancel the 2 items for a refund and get looking for the items somewhere else. What kinda shifter and bellhousing are you after?
I have a new shifter handle here for sale. https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...93#post6313493

68 Firebird. IA2 block, 505 cu in, E-head, Solid roller 3650 weight. Reid TH400 4:11 gear. 29" slick.
Best so far 10.12@133 mph. 1.43 60 ft.
76 Trans am, TKX .81 o/d, 3.73 Moser rearend,
468 with KRE D-ports, Doug headers, 3" Exh.
Old 03-05-2022, 09:51 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfdsteve View Post
What part of global backlog don’t you get. Not to be an ass but seriously. NOTHING is shipping. Elections have consequences…..
Oh I didn't know global blockades affected customer support. They have never called me once to give me an update on my order unless I call and leave a message. Then it's always another broken promise. Was suppose to hear about my order yesterday, another promise date come and gone. Ordered a complete kit November 19th 2021. When it showed up no bell housing or shift lever, was indicated as 5-8 days on back order, almost 4 months later....nothing. Three promise dates come and gone and still nothing, and no calls from American Powertrain. Glad I didn't take my car apart or start the install as spring is coming. I wouldn't recommend buying anything from American Powertrain as they cant fulfill orders, have offered nothing for my troubles, wont give a delivery date, and never call to inform of order status. People spend $6000+ of their hard earned money, and get no order updates and lacking customer service. My friend, its about service after the sale, not a promise date and call back in a month to check.

Old 03-05-2022, 09:53 AM
Senior Chief

The bellhousing is for the american power train kit, not sure if its unique in anyway, I think it might be a holley bell housing