Old 03-11-2022, 11:24 PM

Default 67 front & rear bumper application

Does anyone know for sure if a 67 GP front bumper work on a 67 Catalina without any issues. Same thing with the rear bumper? I hear the GP front is off a little because of the header panel and lights next to the header panel.

Thanks
Peter

Old 03-11-2022, 11:50 PM

The front bumper is different for the reasons you stated, but the rear bumpers are the same.

Old 03-12-2022, 07:44 AM

Thank you I’m looking for a front and rear for my Catalina but came across a few GP ones..

Old 03-12-2022, 04:26 PM
Senior Chief

If you can get the entire GP bumper assembly with headlights along with the header and extensions it would look sharp.

I did this rendering a couple years ago showing that front end.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	67 Pontiac FB2.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	586077  

Old 03-12-2022, 04:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I like your vision, HoovDaddy!

(And I have several of those front ends.)

Old 03-12-2022, 06:12 PM

Yes I agree I can get a complete front end as you mentioned and probably have the only 3rd seat wagon in my area. I really like the way it looks beautiful. I have the car apart now so the timing is spot on.
Thanks

Old 03-12-2022, 08:10 PM
Senior Chief

Post Gp nose

Not as cut and dry as you think. Vacuum headlamp switch for the flip lamp actuator, head light buckets that bolt to the radiator support which is also slightly different with cut outs to access the signal bulbs and cage nuts for the buckets. Bumper brackets are different. It can be done, it would be easier with a doner parts car. I have a lot of the parts to get you close, lacking header, actuator, brackets, signal close outs, maybe a few other pieces, would have to take inventory.

Old 03-12-2022, 08:18 PM
Senior Chief

Obviously fabrication is required. I would adapt an off-the-shelf electric actuator kit and eliminate the vacuum.

Old 03-15-2022, 06:43 AM

I have everything off a parts car I believe to make the swap but not sure how the vacuum Stuff is hooked up. Would anyone have a drawing or picture of this or if I can go with electric the best place to purchase what Is needed?
The bumper and grills and the complete assembly has the brackets so it should line up to my Catalina.
Thanks guys