Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 06-13-2022, 04:11 PM
Senior Chief

Default Enclosed transport question

Sending 2 cars from NJ to FLA. Enclosed trailer, straight thru. Any rule if thumb for tipping the driver? Reason for asking, first time doing this, thx

Old 06-13-2022, 10:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Never heard of tipping the driver. Been transporting for 17 years. But you certainly could.

Sandy, UT
---------------------------------------------------
Old 06-13-2022, 11:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up Always Tip For Good Service

Why wouldn’t you tip for good service ?

Jim

Old 06-14-2022, 08:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess I am cheap as I think the idea of tipping people that are not in a tip related payroll system is kinda silly. My thought process is that if someone solicits a business practice for a payment at the end then that should be it. If a transporter gives a price to move a car then that is what his fee should be and he should be obligated to do a great job to begin with. I dont see any difference than someone going to work at an office and the boss at the end of the day saying 'boy you really did a great job answering those phones today, heres a $20 tip'. People have jobs and they get paid to do them. I am in the construction field and never expect a tip. I do expect payment for services rendered. However, we go above and beyond to make our customers extremely happy and its not uncommon for them to hand out a few extra dollars when the job is done. I initially refuse but they still pay it. I let them know its not necessary but pass it right along to my helper. I am always greatful for it, but do not expect it.
Bottom line, like Jim said, if your happy with the outcome and the guy is decent give him $100. That will at least buy him a dinner for the evening.

The Following User Says Thank You to TAKerry For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2022, 09:28 AM
Senior Chief

My thinking was that the driver works for a national company, I doubt he's the owner. So, a nice tip for the driver who is careful w/your cars can't hurt. I do know from working bar, that you tip the help, not the owner

Old 06-14-2022, 09:48 AM
Senior Chief

On second thought if the driver is the sole proprietor, no harm for a tip for good service also

Old 06-15-2022, 07:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Agree on both scenarios.