Old 07-07-2022, 02:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question In-line tube blooper don’t fall for this

In-line tube blooper

I’ve never seen this on any of the 25+68 tempests or Lemans not GTO’s I have ever owned

Beware

They are square originally

The Following User Says Thank You to Scott Thelander For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2022, 04:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I still have t seen ‘em. What are we talking about?

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 07-07-2022, 05:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ooops
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7FD10E4E-ED90-4027-82C8-46DB02D75355.jpg
Views:	968
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	593883  

Old 07-07-2022, 06:11 PM

Here is my original decal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16572318342054742048057981635598.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	593891  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtoguys For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2022, 11:53 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Thelander View Post
In-line tube blooper

I’ve never seen this on any of the 25+68 tempests or Lemans not GTO’s I have ever owned

Beware

They are square originally
Agreed. John Kryta and Inline Tube I would never deal with. They produce stuff claiming originality, NOS, etc. that is not correct. This decal is just one of many errors you will find with Inline Tube. Inline Tube use to be on here as Motor City Muscle Car and start arguments with many of us concerning what was correct and putting down people he disagreed with. My issues with them were calling parts NOS when they were cheap Chinese repros. Ames Performance are the people to deal with. Honest, knowledgeable and good folks!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ram Air IV Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2022, 02:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Inline banned me from buying their parts on ebay because I called them out on advertising parts as NOS that were clearly reproduction. I really didn't understand their logic, people willing to pay high dollars for NOS parts certainly know the difference, people that don't know the difference probably don't care .. so what's the point of lying.

However, they do reproduce many things that others don't ... in fact many parts sold by Ames will come with an Inline label on them.

Old 07-08-2022, 03:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Agreed with all. I bought a "close to oem as possible" glove box light for my 72. What a POS. The tiny little arms that hold it in the hole in the dash broke the first time I put it in. At least they refunded me my money. I was lucky and found a good used one...Thanks Scott!

Old 07-08-2022, 04:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So many people do not know or realize what NOS actually means.
You se repro parts advertised as NOS, you see used parts advertised as NOS. It actually pisses me off. If you don't know the nomenclature stay the he!! out of the business. Just my opinion.

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars
Old 07-08-2022, 04:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Their "won't shrink" trunklid seal was installed unglued to test, there is now a 5" gap between the ends.

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.
The Following User Says Thank You to webfoot For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2022, 04:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by webfoot View Post
Their "won't shrink" trunklid seal was installed unglued to test, there is now a 5" gap between the ends.
You better check again I bet your trunk grew.

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars
Old 07-08-2022, 08:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

im sure that round sticker was on my 65 glove box door

Old 07-08-2022, 08:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I spoke with the in-line guys at Iola today. They do not bring pre sold parts with them to deliver, they do not have a catalog and have little inventory with them.
I guess that business model is working?

Still have my 1st Firebird
7th Firebird
57 Starchief
Old 07-15-2022, 12:06 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Inline banned me from buying their parts on ebay because I called them out on advertising parts as NOS that were clearly reproduction. I really didn't understand their logic, people willing to pay high dollars for NOS parts certainly know the difference, people that don't know the difference probably don't care .. so what's the point of lying.

However, they do reproduce many things that others don't ... in fact many parts sold by Ames will come with an Inline label on them.
I have not seen anything I ordered from Ames with an Inline Tube label. If I had, I would have been very disappointed. Posted on eBay right now, Inline lists a ram air pull cable as NOS OEM. Read down further and it is a reproduction. That is what pisses me off. I didn't see Inline at Iola this year but several years ago I saw them at the Jefferson Swap Meet. I walked up to one of the workers and asked if John Kryta was here. He said no and asked why? I told him a few of us on PY wanted a word with him to see if he would back talk us in person like he does here. The worker apologized for his bosses' attitudes. Didn't hear much from them on PY after that....

Old 07-15-2022, 01:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just opened an Ames item last night with an Inline label. Small item, forget what it was now... probably the third thing I've gotten from them that has an Inline label under the Ames part number label.

Wouldn't surprise me at all, Inline as much as I don't like them, have had a lot of things manufactured that others haven't. I'm sure they wholesale them to other vendors.

RA Jack .. that was exactly the situation that made me file a complaint with Ebay about them. For which they banned me from buying their ebay items for a couple of years.

Old 07-15-2022, 11:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Alot of their stuff is wrong, if you ever go to their booth at a show, they never bring what your looking for, tubs of parts, all thrown in. Crazy.
They must do exhaust? At their open house my buddy was dumpster diving exhaust tube cut off PCs in the dumpster. Lol
One brother is a Pontiac guy, he’s got 2 orange GTO’s, one with the snot beat out of it, one over restored with stickers all over.

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱

Last edited by burd; 07-15-2022 at 11:52 AM.
Old 07-17-2022, 12:55 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Just opened an Ames item last night with an Inline label. Small item, forget what it was now... probably the third thing I've gotten from them that has an Inline label under the Ames part number label.

Wouldn't surprise me at all, Inline as much as I don't like them, have had a lot of things manufactured that others haven't. I'm sure they wholesale them to other vendors.

RA Jack .. that was exactly the situation that made me file a complaint with Ebay about them. For which they banned me from buying their ebay items for a couple of years.
Years ago, when Kryta was on here and pissing people off, he claimed that Inline supplied tubing to The Right Stuff, another brake and tube supplier. That could be but many of us didn't want to do business with Inline, so we bought from The Right Stuff.

Inline has two twin brothers, one is into Olds and John Boy is the Pontiac guy. He claimed to have found an original 69 carousel red Judge and restored it then bragged on how correct it was. That car had way too much overspray and as someone mentioned, tags all over the place. Despite many of us with original cars stating his over restored Judge had issues, name calling began and it snowballed from there. That carousel red Judge was on You Tube which drew many negative comments and was eventually taken down.

Inline sells a lot of stuff but I won't buy from them and many others I know will go elsewhere. Personal choice...

Old 07-18-2022, 01:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

They are pretty much my last choice option. Not so much because of their parts, which are mostly the same garbage everyone sells, but because of their sales practices, just don't think their attitude is good for the hobby.

Shame there is not a central hobby database with input from customers that give reviews on repop parts from various sources all in the same location. Good honest opinions from the average Joe.

Gets hard to pin down, for most parts there MAY be two, maybe three actual manufactures of the parts, but a dozen different vendors selling each of those different manufacturer's products. Many of them falsely claiming that the parts are produced in house, are unique, are the "best out there" etc. when they are the exact same part the manufacturer is sending to a dozen different vendors.

Old 07-23-2022, 04:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Thelander View Post
Ooops
Here's the original sticker on the glove box door of my '65 GTO....been there since 1965.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3235 (1).jpg
Views:	1920
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	594871

Old 07-24-2022, 10:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile No question on mine...

NO ONE is reproducing these;

Old 07-24-2022, 11:50 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

They aren't?
Attached Thumbnails