Old 07-08-2022, 12:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1962 non-AC vacuum line routing and cable question

Everything was apart when I got it. Need to know which fitting on the circl-air is vacuum supply, which controls the heater door and also vent door.

Additionally, I can only find cables for an AC car. Do I need to reuse my old ones or Will ones from another make and model fit?

Thank you for your help.

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This shows the vacuum line routing and color. I think the only cable is the temperature control. As the Circ-l-air heater and AC heater are essentially the same unit the cable for AC would probably work. Although before I would try to make a universal cable work with the cutting and bending required. I think I would try to oil up the original first and see what happens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	62HtrVac.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	593924  

Old 07-08-2022, 12:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Perfect, thanks!!
Also, what is used to "bridge the gap" between the blower motor and the heater box?

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

Old 07-08-2022, 03:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If I understand the question correctly my initial response is "good luck".
The blower motor housing connects to the duct assembly within the engine compartment using a short piece of rubber tubing. It is made from probably unobtanium. I doubt if even Steele Rubber makes them.

It is a piece of thin rubber about 2 inches long. If I needed one (which I fortunately don't) I would take either my blower housing or the duct assembly to my nearest motorcycle shop and hope they had an old innertube to cut a piece from. I think it will take a motorcycle size inner tube if they still use inner tubes on motorcycles.

You may also need the foam rubber seal used between the duct assembly and the firewall. That can be made from a piece of foam available from McMaster-Carr in Chicago. If you need I can look up what part number I ordered when I ordered mine a couple of years ago.

Old 07-08-2022, 04:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

OK, I figured that was the case. I'll figure something out, maybe one of those silicone couplers they use to make cold air intakes and/or turbo piping.

I made my own seal out of some foam, so good there. Guess I may as well replace the 60 year old blower motor while I've got that off anyway.