Old 08-03-2022, 03:07 PM

Default Procar seats

Does anyone have a set of procar seats in their early A body? I've got a 66 lemans and was wondering if instead of keeping the stock seats and recovering them if I should go with a set of procars. Looking specifically at the 1050 series lowbacks. I have never sat in the stock buckets so I don't know how comfortable they are but I'm thinking these might be better. Anyone have any pictures installed?

Old 08-19-2022, 03:29 PM

Looks like that is the new name for their "Rally" Recliner. I've had 2 sets of them in the past. Its a comfortable seat, but two primary issues:
#1 its SMALL. doesn't look small in the photo, but its noticeably smaller than stock buckets. In a camaro, nova, or mustang they look right. In a A-Body they look too small (IMO)

#2 The bolsters are BIG. Very Big. You will have to learn to get in and out of the car differently because of them. (Literally back your butt into the car then rotate over the bolster). You will hear about it from everybody who gets in the car.

If you are a big person you may feel that the butt area is too small. I am/was about 220lbs and if i was any larger it would have been uncomfortable.

On the plus side- you will immediately think the cars handling has improved.
I temporarily used one of my sets of these in a full size 68 Olds 88 convertible while i was redoing its bench. it made that big boat feel like it was a go-kart. amazing what a solid seat can do for the experience.

Personallly If i were looking at aftermarket buckets, i would look hard at the TMI Pro-Series. These are 100% aftermarket seats that recline, they have modern style firm foam bases & larger bolsters (not as big as these procars though) and they offer them without headrests, and in a variety of seat cover styles.

They are a larger seat frame that will look more at home in an A-Body.

Anyway- If you do decide to redo your factory buckets, I'm just across the mountains if you need any help.

Old 08-19-2022, 03:36 PM

This is the only pic i could find of mine that you could see.... Didn't realize it was like 20 years ago that i had them, most of the pics were scans of photos and they are so dark you can't see anything. LOL.

Look at the top of the seatback to the top edge of the door for overall size reference/comparison
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00125.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	596788