Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 12:01 AM
Senior Chief

Default Motorcycle Insurance

Not happy with my agent, and coverage going up way to much this year 30% anyone have any recommendations, I'm in Mi and will eventually change all my personal insurance over.

Thanks in advance Gregg

Old 07-17-2015, 01:08 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Who do you have now? I have progressive and have been very happy with them.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:16 AM
Senior Chief

Current Ins is Wolverine, at one time I had Progressive but gave it up as it's owned by George Soros, reason for new insurance is 30% premium increase and my insurance agent is useless, our health ins does not cover auto as primary so all my cars boats and motorcycle ins have to be the primary, my agent has our cars as primary and listed the boat and bike as secondary, the agent should know better as she is the agent for several employees at our firm and she herself rides.

Gregg

Old 07-17-2015, 08:25 AM

State Farm

Has always been the cheapest for motorcycle insurance for me and my agent has been fantastic.

I've had nothing but Hayabusa's and a 2012 ZX14R (I drag race motorcycles). My insurance for a $500 deductible and mid-range(not state min) on liabilities, was $30-35/month on my 2012 ZX14R that I bought brand new. My '04 Busa I bought in 2010 was like $18/month for same coverage.

When I had all airbags go off in a Toyota Highlander(in a driveway, at idle, in park, with all the doors open mind you, stupid Toyota), State Farm medical paid all of my hospital fees. My personal health insurance didn't have anything to do with it. Had a huge gash and concussion from when the side curtain bags hit me. I think I have the first 10k or maybe 25k of medical from any auto accident would be paid for by state farm.

I'm in a Milwaukee, WI suburb for location

Old 07-17-2015, 11:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Check out Dairyland

Old 07-18-2015, 07:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Dairyland

Old 07-18-2015, 08:53 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrracer View Post
at one time I had Progressive but gave it up as it's owned by George Soros,
Entirely incorrect if you are implying that he has a controlling interest. Whomever informed you of such may not understand what they are talking about or has an agenda of their own that they want you to buy into. There are several websites that note these sorts of rumors.

Soros may own shares in Progressive but in no way has a controlling interest in the company. If you have a 401(k) at work, you likely own shares in Progressive.

The Lewis family still has the largest stake in the company that I'm aware of and it is hardly a controlling stake at under 10%. Currently, Peter Lewis holds most of the family shares. He has been known to give to "liberal" causes.

1970 Buick Skylark Custom convertible(driver) Fire Red
1972 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 Royal Blue
Old 07-18-2015, 09:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Progressive.

Old 07-18-2015, 11:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

A bit of a tangent, but I always get a kick out of the motorcycle insurance TV ads. They all say "we fix your bike fast. ". If I do serious damage to a motorcycle, what kind of shape will I be in?

Old 07-18-2015, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris65LeMans View Post
A bit of a tangent, but I always get a kick out of the motorcycle insurance TV ads. They all say "we fix your bike fast. ". If I do serious damage to a motorcycle, what kind of shape will I be in?
That way you can sell the bike to pay the deductible.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Another vote for Dairyland.

Old 07-18-2015, 05:40 PM
Senior Chief

Got a quote from Dairyland and they are $75.00 a year less, there is a State Farm in the neighborhood so will look at them Monday.

Gregg

Old 07-21-2015, 01:51 PM
Senior Chief

Dairyland and State Farm both had very good policies went with State Farm because they are in the neighborhood, going to have them look at all my coverage they say if I bundle they can save me 17%. I like to if I can get coverage locally or as close to home as possible and support those with the same values in life as I and my family have.

Thanks for the tips Gregg

Old 08-04-2015, 01:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Progressive ins

The reason it is called Progressive is that the controlling owners are progressive[new term for liberal]. They give lots of money to the democrat party. I do not know if you can get Foremost up there, but here in Fl. their medical coverage for rider and passenger is way better than other companies. A lot of companies do not cover your passengers. They also cover custom motorcycles like my 2002 chopper. It is listed on the title as a 2002 Sain ]santee Industries frame]

Old 08-27-2015, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default bike iunsurance

I have Gieco and not all that happy with them. I tried my independent agent AIS out here in Comifornia and they were a little bit less.

I have full ocoverage for $40/month with Gieco, the indie policy would have been $37/mo.

For liability only, Gieco was $27/mo and the indie was $17/mo.

This is for an '02 Dyna.

Anyone else has any figures I would be glad to look at them.

Greg

Old 09-09-2015, 10:22 AM
Senior Chief

Went with Dairland they had good payout for medical expence.

Gregg

Old 09-10-2015, 12:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wovenweb View Post
Entirely incorrect if you are implying that he has a controlling interest. Whomever informed you of such may not understand what they are talking about or has an agenda of their own that they want you to buy into. There are several websites that note these sorts of rumors.

Soros may own shares in Progressive but in no way has a controlling interest in the company. If you have a 401(k) at work, you likely own shares in Progressive.

The Lewis family still has the largest stake in the company that I'm aware of and it is hardly a controlling stake at under 10%. Currently, Peter Lewis holds most of the family shares. He has been known to give to "liberal" causes.
I commend the OP for wanting to stay away from anything Soros has a stake in. Helps keep the mind and heart clear of an evil man and his Libtard ways.

For over 16 years of riding I use Dairyland.

69 OHC ZH Sprint Hurst 3 Speed 3:55 (1 of 213)
99 Valkyrie 1520cc Flat 6 108hp/110tq - For Sale
http://sohcsix.yuku.com/forums/1/OHC-lounge
Wanted: 1969 OHC "H" Camshaft
Closed Thread