Old 11-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Senior Chief

Cliffhanger,

I appreciate your posts despite your youth (that is a little humor). I do however take exception to your accessment of the current Mustang. Although I do not like the 2009 as much as the 2005-2008 body style. My 2007 Shelby GT has alot of soul, Hurst shifter, great sounding exhaust, 0-60 in under 5 seconds, a dead stop from 60 mph in under 120 feet, low to the gound with a road racing suspension, live rear axel that I can hang out with the traction control off, lighiting up the rear tires (not chirping) as I hit second gear, 320 HP at the rear wheels from a normally aspriated 4.6 L (a mear 281 cubic inches). And (finally) the car looks absolutly great...I could go on....

2016 Mustang GT - GT with the Performance Pack, beats my former 12 Boss around the track.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Senior Chief

oh dont get me wrong - i dig the cars. okay, cant really tell about the shelby versions, they look the part though. i do like the challenger, i do like the camaro and i do like the new stang -and i agree the previous one looked better - BUT i dont really like em more then f.e. a new m3 or something. if i compare the new gen 'muscle/pony's' to the good old ones - actually ESPECCIALY a classic shelby (not even the eleanor versions, which i dig, but not as much as the real thing) - the new ones then just get completely out of the picture - imho that is.

when i look at the classic mustang, and i dig the boss 69 version the MOST, after that the shelby gt500KR & 350KR, i see hand-build craftsmanship, metal pieces built by hand - where any panel later got moulded from - and most of all - designed by hand. and it's got all the right things. Pure steel, hard iron blocks, killer power in a killer design (with a possibily litterally killer suspension). good looking from every angle, and most of all, BRAND NEW. nothing got designed like that before. (especcially the 65 original).
that's got soul. it SCREAMS soul.

when i look at the 'NEW' mustang - though i like it and i think it's done quite nice - it is 'JUST' a copy. it is not NEW. it is a classic winning design, with modern materials.
its a 'retry' of an original work of art. it doesn't really have a designer - or, a very lazy one like porsche.
i've seen some pro-touring stallions which kick the lilly ass of modern stangs in every way. i like those FAR MORE.
it's like painting the mona lisa with a computer with paint & print techniques of today. that's how i feel about it.

and perhaps i am an exeption.......i can accept that. but though i dig good 18" wheels on a muscle car - i don't dig hotwheels/matchbox style stuff - which i see far too often nowadays to be honest

Last edited by cliffhanger; 11-09-2009 at 01:33 PM.