Old 06-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyT/A'S View Post
That's what their ad in Smoke Signals said last month,but I THINK that they must be just advertising Goodmark parts.

I really don't believe that they are an Ames "exclusive".

They also showed a T/A hood but for 77-81.

What were they thinking on THAT ONE????????????????

Those things (used) are more common than belly buttons!

We need the 70-76 T/A hood.
Let's see, 80,000 cars in 77, 90,000 cars in 78, 100,000+ cars in 79, etc, etc. The demand speaks for itself. It is all about making money, not making YOU/US happy!

2012 SRT8 Charger - 12.70 @ 111mph
Old 06-06-2011, 04:33 PM

Default Dash delivered

My dash was delivered today and I tore into the box like it was a Red Rider BB-gun at Christmas. I'm no exspert but it looks great! I think the grain pattern is very close. I'm a way's before I can test the fit. $480.00 shipped to my front door.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:35 PM

Todd, how long ago was your initial order?

Old 06-06-2011, 04:45 PM

They said it would take five weeks and it was closer to seven. I thought it was well worth the few extra weeks that it took.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:48 PM

Um, Ive had an order for 3 years. Before I call them, just to confirm, you ordered it direct from OER/Classic?

Old 06-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdutybob View Post
Let's see, 80,000 cars in 77, 90,000 cars in 78, 100,000+ cars in 79, etc, etc. The demand speaks for itself. It is all about making money, not making YOU/US happy!
I know all about late second gen production figures & that doesn't constitute DEMAND for parts unless there is a shortage of good used ones.(there are TONS of good used ones out there,just like 71-75 Formula hoods)
Just watch,that one will be NEXT!

There IS demand for 70-76 T/A hoods and little or NO demand for 77-81 T/A hoods.

Perhaps there WILL be 10 years from now but it's not there right now.

The sad part is that the company (Goodmark?) that commissioned the WRONG year reproduction hood will think that there is NO market for 70's Trans am parts because they DIDN'T do their homework BEFORE deciding to make the WRONG year & they will just keep making MORE Camero parts.

Eye Candy......garage band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUPcHxHRx3s

Go full screen & turn it UP!
Old 06-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

..Just received my DASH.......I dont have my old one next to it ,to compare but........?? It looks pretty NICE..!!

Old 06-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That is awesome! I bet you were both excited.
I visited Classic Industries in Huntington Beach in early 2009 when we went down to help my son move. I bought a bunch of stuff that day and saw the dash on the wall. I placed an order for one. They called me the other day and left 2 messages while I was in Yosemite..said it was in stock. I called back and finalized the order ,, $450.00 shipped. Only in black. I should get it Monday. All this after I "restored" " mine. It looks pretty darn good too!
Ill probably put it in right away as I still have my dash bezel out anyhow.

Work
'67 GTO Convertible "Koerner Built 413 500 hp with a Victor!.. I'll run a stock intake."
'75 Formula 400 - Daily Driver -
Running with my Home Built 455 and TH400

Details here:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=588372

Last edited by vidguy; 06-09-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:08 PM

I was also on the list at Classic as of February. I don't remember what the number was, but was told it would be "many months" before I'd see one. I had a 20% off coupon, so I bought one then expecting to be on the waiting list for (actual cost $343.96 before tax/shipping).

Well on March 12th, UPS rang the bell with a large OER box and there it was! The box looked as if it was opened and resealed which concerned me a bit. I took it out to the garage and inspected it closely and damn, it looked pretty sweet!

I just got my car back a few weeks ago and in anticipation of its homecoming, went ahead and dyed the dash bright blue. Last weekend I removed the old dash and then installed the OER - the only issue was the left heat vent has an upper and lower hole for it to freely swivel left/right and the holes in the dash weren't direct center so the vent stuck a bit on the left side. I was planning to file it out to the right a to make it more true.

When I got it installed, it literally looked like a dash in a new car. That was Sunday. Today being Wednesday, I decided to pull the car out of the garage to do some chores and left the car on the driveway in 80 degree heat. About an hour went by when I looked at the car when something caught my eye. The dash had buckled in about 4-5 areas in the heat. My stomach turned - all the work and expense! I called Classic and they asked for photos which I promptly sent over.

The gentleman from Classic said they were going to investigate and "would make it right". He seemed a little surprised that I got one so early as the list is still so long (lucky me?).

Anyhow, I am posting to see if any one else has received one and if they have had any similar or other problems we should be aware of. Any responses would be appreciated as I only want to replace one more time if that is what is required.

[IMG]K:\DCIM\101MSDCF\DSC03127.JPG[/IMG]

Old 06-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Repost that pic please?

Old 06-25-2011, 06:18 PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03127.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	247959
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03125.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	247960

Old 06-25-2011, 06:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That would make me sick!

Old 06-25-2011, 06:53 PM

If there is anyone out there that has received one and installed it, could you post whether you have had problems or if all is good. I am really not happy and am trying to decide whether to send the original to Dashboard Restorations after getting my money back from Classic, or if I have a one-off problem, getting another and trying again (uggh!). Either way, I want to pull/replace one more time.

Please post here or email me directly at garysestatesale@gmail.com

Thanks all - I was almost done!

Old 06-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yea, me too. I think the whole hobby had hoped these would be a quality part for a fair price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepi View Post
That would make me sick!

Old 06-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Let us know what happens. Looks like the dash expanded with heat exposure. I wonder if leaving som play in the mounting nuts would allow it to expand/contract without buckling.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All I can say really is "GASP" , it sure wasnt the dye you put on it!.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

garco, when you got it out of the heat did it go back toward the original shape any?

Old 06-26-2011, 01:17 PM

I ordered one from Classic less than two weeks ago, and was told that they were back ordered and there were over 900 hundred names on the waiting list ahead of me. I was also told I would get a call just before it was shipped, probably in two to three months (yeah, sure).

Less than a week later I received an email from UPS saying that it was on it's way! No phone call, no waiting.

I then called Classic to see what had changed, but was given no explanation other than I got lucky. I was also told that there will still over 900 hundred names on that waiting list, and the rep I spoke to had no idea how I would have been sent one before that list was dealt with.

Strange, and not at all fair to everyone who had ordered long before me.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:20 PM

SD, it has stayed warped since that day although maybe not as bad when it is in the garage - could be the lighting or lack of - hard to tell. I parked it outside again yesterday after taking the car out on an errand and it still looks exactly like the photos above.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:26 PM

RWS, your post is almost identical to what I experienced with mine. I didn't expect to get one for 6-12 months knowing the list was well over 1300 or so at the time, but UPS at the door was my notice. Please keep me posted if you see any issues if/when you install it. Like I said, mine looked great up to and after the installation - I was ecstatic with the look until the day I parked outside in the 80 degree sun for an hour or so.

Gary