Old 03-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well, I am officially Lemans-less.
Feels like crap to be honest.
I just wanted to thank everyone who has helped, given support, or just been along for the ride. It was really fun until my health went to hell. Most likely my fault, overweight and under active, and eating crap. Younger guys don't wake up one day in your 50's and find yourself falling apart. Getting older is bad enough without doing your best to make it even worse.

I honestly doubt if I will be back here, so I guess this is goodbye.

Russ

Old 03-18-2014, 10:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via MSN to 428GTO70

Sorry to hear this Russ, sucks to let all that hard work go. Just concentrate on yourself for now and who knows...you may be back with a new project before you know it! Good luck!

1970 GTO 458 CID .040 over 4 Bolt 428 Block, Forged Eagle 455 Crank, 295 CFM SD KRE D-Ports, SD Old Faithful HR Cam + Comp HR Lifters, PPR Maxx-lite rods, Racetec pistons, PRW 1.65 SS Rockers, 900CFM Holley HP TBI, Performer RPM, Hooker Super Comps, 3" X-Pipe into 2.5" mufflers/tailpipes, 2.75 1st TH400, Continental 13" Converter, 8.5" 3.08 Posi.
Everything installed, fired up and tuning has begun!
Old 04-21-2014, 02:50 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well, I guess I came back.
I just posted a wanted ad in the parts section for a free car. Hopeless I know, but it can't hurt to ask, right?
Russ

Old 04-21-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russosborne View Post
Well, I guess I came back.
I just posted a wanted ad in the parts section for a free car. Hopeless I know, but it can't hurt to ask, right?
Russ
you are in the right area, a lot of cars in your area just sitting there "not" rusting...

Old 04-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Are you back for good Russ?

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002Z4CSS View Post
Are you back for good Russ?
eh forums are fun for killing some time here and there.

I just bought a 1958 Plymouth... so I am now hanging out on the mopar forums scrounging up parts... and a 67 GTO... my bank account is crushed...

But I put my driveshaft loop in my 70...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	driveshaftloop.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	361163  

Old 04-22-2014, 08:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by russosborne View Post
Well, I am officially Lemans-less.
Feels like crap to be honest.
I just wanted to thank everyone who has helped, given support, or just been along for the ride. It was really fun until my health went to hell. Most likely my fault, overweight and under active, and eating crap. Younger guys don't wake up one day in your 50's and find yourself falling apart. Getting older is bad enough without doing your best to make it even worse.

I honestly doubt if I will be back here, so I guess this is goodbye.

Russ
Its not impossible to turn your health around if its self induced. I lost 46 over the winter with only working out on the weekends. No diet tricks just calorie counting and eating non processes healthy food. Wasn't easy but possible. I wish you luck.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

am I back for good? that is a good question.
Guess it depends on if I ever get another project and what it is
so far I am striking out on my wanted post. Of course I didn't honestly expect anyone to offer a free car. My birthday is coming up in a few months, maybe I can get a relative to buy me something. hahahahahahaha. My preference would be something that is exempt from emissions testing here, which means 1966 or older. But up to around 1979 for some cars would be ok.

Been looking on craigslist here in Phoenix. Seen several cars that would be fun at a cheap price, but when you have absolutely zero to spend it is really just depressing to keep looking. Although I just spent the last half hour doing just that again. Sometimes I am convinced I must be a masochist.

I miss the fun of the parts hunting most. Maybe someday my finances will allow it again. Have to worry about getting a decent job for that to happen though. Current job flat out sucks. It's just something to get some money to pay bills until something better comes along.

Russ

Old 04-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Senior Chief

Russ nice to see you back. If you really want something to tinker with, maybe you should expand your search to non Pontiac vehicles. And you could try offering to do some work for someone instead of $$. Before I got my Lemans, I found a guy with dozens of classics on his property. I mentioned cleaning up his property, cutting the grass, hacking down the weeds. I think he would have made a deal, but all his stuff was sitting outside rotting away for years so there was nothing there for me at my skill level.