Old 10-22-2020, 03:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 1965 GTO Survivor

I went to look at the 65 GTO yesterday. It is a survivor car with 74,000 miles. He purchased from the original owner 12 years ago. It has been off the road since the early 80s. Tripower, 4 speed, gauges, transistorized ignition (missing), tinted glass, deluxe seat belts, padded dash, power steering, lamp group, custom wheel discs, rear defogger, spare wheel cover ( still on the spare) original owners manual and original mint condition bill of sale. It appears to have never been taken apart. Original paint, (nightwatch blue) interior, (blue) drivetrain, original carbs with the original metal tags, original wiper motor with the yellow staming and date code. Basically just about every component is original. That's the good. The bad - both fenders rotted, both qts rotted, passenger door huge dent, roof was a shelf so multiple dents, some rot on the floor and floor braces. I went there with money and and had all intentions of buying the car, so I was very disappointed when I saw the body condition. To much work for me, but it would be unfortunate for this car to just sit and continue to rot. The owner is older and has not intention of restoring it any longer. I didn't think there where many survivor cars left. I don't know him but thought I would put the word out for him. He has no computer or social media skills. Jim 203-339-5590 Connecticut

Old 10-22-2020, 04:35 PM

Any pictures?

Old 10-22-2020, 04:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just uploaded a bunch in 64-65 tech

Old 10-28-2020, 09:32 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

He's asking 32k a bit hi in My opinion ! for a car that needs alot, but a great color.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Old 11-02-2020, 11:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My opinion based on seeing the car in person, it would have to be bought for no more than $10,000. A restoration for a #s matching tripower 4 spd car would be upwards of $75,000.

Old 11-02-2020, 12:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6t5gto View Post
My opinion based on seeing the car in person, it would have to be bought for no more than $10,000. A restoration for a #s matching tripower 4 spd car would be upwards of $75,000.
XX2

Old 11-02-2020, 07:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6t5gto View Post
You can't buy a car expecting to be whole after paying for a professional restoration. Buy the car after the restoration instead.

Old 11-02-2020, 08:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Unfortunately there is less and less cars available for purchase after a professional restoration because of the lack of interest in spending more for the restoration than the price you could sell the car for. So cars like this will potentially never get restored and its a real shame. The industry is evolving away from stock muscle cars.

The Following User Says Thank You to 6t5gto For This Useful Post: