WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 1993-02 Firebird/Trans Am Owners > 93-02 General Tech/Discussion

93-02 General Tech/Discussion 1993-2002 Firebird/Trans Am General Tech/Discussion

Old 04-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 95 radio options

I have a 95 bird with cassette and equalizer. It HAS steering wheel controls. Is there a factory radio/CD player that will work to replace this? All I see for sale say 96 and up. Thoughts?, Thanks, Bruce
Old 05-06-2008, 02:46 AM
Senior Chief

My 95 TA had the am/fm cd with eq so they are out there. Arizona heat helped kill two of these units. The second one died after the warrenty ran out so I replaced it with an Alpine head unit that came with a remote control unit that uses the steering wheel controls. I do not know if Alpine still makes this head unit. I have to find the recept to find out what model it is.

Matt
Old 07-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
I have a 95 bird with cassette and equalizer. It HAS steering wheel controls. Is there a factory radio/CD player that will work to replace this? All I see for sale say 96 and up. Thoughts?, Thanks, Bruce
2 of my 95 Formula/steering controls came with a factory CD in, the cassette out.
I think the later year head units plug into the 95 - such as a 96/97.
Get one from a premium sound car and compare the plug ends - kids are swapping these all the time - can't be hard
ls1tech and camaroz28.com are great sources for these

Bruce - I sent a pm
have exhaust for 2nd gen to sell?
thanks
Geoff