WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 1993-02 Firebird/Trans Am Owners > 93-02 General Tech/Discussion

93-02 General Tech/Discussion 1993-2002 Firebird/Trans Am General Tech/Discussion

View Poll Results: The best 4th Gen Trans Am?
The '93 debut of the 4th Gen? 0 0%
The '98 debut of the LS1? 0 0%
The '99 30th Aniversary? 1 33.33%
The '02 final run? 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to SteveGB21
Question Power window troubles.

I have an '02 Firebird with Power Windows. The trouble is with the one on the driver's side. Would anybody have a pic of the shop manual of all the setup for the power windows on these cars? Just that on the driver side window, if I roll it all the way down, it will then delay going up (has some power, but gets weak, and then stops for a few seconds). I will then leave it for 30 seconds, and then the same problem (goes up slowly, then stops). I have even had that happen on occasion where the power window will get stuck even though I won't roll down the window completely. So is it the motor, the switch, the relay or the window regulator? Or could it even be a short somewhere? I am really stumped on this. Any help is appreciated.
The car has only 54K miles for an '02.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Senior Chief

Sound like a bad window motor. Might be a weak motor and tripping the internal breaker until it cools. Try lubing the channels. The motor is only problem I've really ever seen. When you change the motor take a 1 inch hole saw and drill were the rivets are to remove the motor. Its alot easier this way.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to SteveGB21
Thumbs up On the motor.

Judgethis,

Thanks for the input. I did replace the motor over the weekend, and that was the problem. It works great now. Got the replacement motor through RockAuto.com. It was $10 cheaper than the auto part stores. Also got it installed locally, since I don't have the skills or tools to install it. So that part is work great.