Old 02-05-2003, 03:38 PM

Can anyone tell me what wires connect to the horn relay of a '64 GTO. On my horn relay, there are two terminals (other than the battery cable). I have a green wire connected with a terminal connector to the left terminal. There is a black wire, stripped (no terminal connector) stuck in the terminal connector of the green wire. When I remove the black wire, the car gets no power whatsoever. The other (right) terminal has nothing connected to it. Any ideas?

Old 02-05-2003, 03:38 PM

Can anyone tell me what wires connect to the horn relay of a '64 GTO. On my horn relay, there are two terminals (other than the battery cable). I have a green wire connected with a terminal connector to the left terminal. There is a black wire, stripped (no terminal connector) stuck in the terminal connector of the green wire. When I remove the black wire, the car gets no power whatsoever. The other (right) terminal has nothing connected to it. Any ideas?

Old 02-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'll send you a couple of digital pictures off line I just took from the wiring diagram manual. The manual is available from PY, MP44 for $6.00.

My old car is listed in the 2007 Scottsdale Auction, Lot #1016 - $60K
And in the 2008 Scottsdale auction, Lot #960 - $80K
Eventually sold by Brighton Motor Sports in Scottsdale, AZ - http://www.remarkablecars.com/ppads/...p/product/4844
Old 02-07-2003, 02:04 PM

Thanks very much, that would be very helpful! My email is trlkrl@aol.com.

Old 02-07-2003, 02:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just noticed you didn't have an Email address and I can't attach any pictures in this forum. Send me your email and I'll reply with the pictures.

My old car is listed in the 2007 Scottsdale Auction, Lot #1016 - $60K
And in the 2008 Scottsdale auction, Lot #960 - $80K
Eventually sold by Brighton Motor Sports in Scottsdale, AZ - http://www.remarkablecars.com/ppads/...p/product/4844
Old 03-05-2003, 09:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I was working on getting my horn to work this past weekend so I was tracing those exact wires. The green one goes to your horns. The green wire runs to the front between the radiator and the nose of the car where it terminates to a double connector. From this double connector a wire runs to each of the horns. The black wire runs to the large connector that plugs into the firewall. This is the one closest to the drivers side fender. If you are looking at the connector form the engine side it is on the left side, second hole from the top. This wire then connects to the semi circle connector under the dash by the steering column, then continues through the steering column to your horn assembly in the steering wheel.

Hope this helps!

----------------------------------------------------------
When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog that barks all the time run to the end of his chain and gag himself.

Advice for the day: If you have a lot of tension and you get a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: "Take two aspirin," and "Keep away from children."