Old 04-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default '64 GTO Reproduction Tach Problem

Wasn't sure where to post this but I figured it would get the most looks in the Lobby. On to my issue. I've got a Reproduction Tach installed in the dash of my '64 GTO. I think the unit was purchased years ago from Ames by the previous owner of my car. Anyway, when the dash lights are on it is very difficult to read the tach disply becasue the light is creating a glare. It looks as if the plate which has the numbers (10, 20, 30, etc) is not all the way up toward the top of the unit allowing the light from the top bulb to "leak" through which is creating a glare. I tried taking out the top bulb but it is way too dim. Any recommendations on how I can fix this? It appears the two halves of the unit are held together by some type of silicone material. Is this the norm? I'm a little hesitant in taking it apart. The unit functions properly but it is just very hard to read at night. It's more of a nuisance than anything. Any advice would be appreciated.

1964 Pontiac GTO, Tri-Power, 4 Speed, Grenadier Red/Black Interior
1965 Chrysler 300 Convertible, 383/727TF, Factory Air, Spanish Red/Red Interior/White Top