Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 06-12-2023, 10:34 PM

That car looks very fixable with a roof swap.

Not saying it’s an easy or cheap fix but man it’s a shame to strip it for parts.

In my opinion a second-gen is a much better car than a third-gen.

The Following User Says Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2023, 11:06 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
That car looks very fixable with a roof swap.

Not saying it’s an easy or cheap fix but man it’s a shame to strip it for parts.

In my opinion a second-gen is a much better car than a third-gen.
God forbid that would ever happen to my car, I'd fix it.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share
Old 06-13-2023, 06:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryinhoosier62 View Post
ASSUMPTIONS seldomly reflect reality..
So, you are ASSUMING that it is a high humidity situation which doesn't necessarily reflect reality either.

Works both ways.

I used the info the OP provided and gave my recommendation. It's what I've done every year with my GTO for 30+ years, the Camaro for 20+ years, and the Cadillac for over 50+ years.

Brand new cars can sit on a dealer's lot for a year or more in any state (including MO) without being mothballed per your instructions, despite being exposed to excessive, heat, cold and/or humidity.

I'll let the OP decide what he needs to do for his short term storage of a running motor.

Old 06-13-2023, 08:00 PM
Senior Chief

Just started a new 400 after 11 years , i fogged it as mentioned , sealed off the intake and exhaust manifolds - I would turn it over a few times a year with a breaker bar , i re fogged it atleast twice in that time . Fired right up , runs good .

Old 06-13-2023, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I stored my 69WS stroker 428 for 2 years in my garage.Every 6 month I would 1/4 it and prime twice around.When I put it on my runs stand I put brand new 10-30 mobil 1 in it timed it and it lit off with no issues.sIts back in the bird now running great.Was stored in a cool dry place with tape over the heads with no intake on it and tape on the exhaust.FWIW,tom

Old 06-15-2023, 02:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
So, you are ASSUMING that it is a high humidity situation which doesn't necessarily reflect reality either.

Works both ways.

I used the info the OP provided and gave my recommendation. It's what I've done every year with my GTO for 30+ years, the Camaro for 20+ years, and the Cadillac for over 50+ years.

Brand new cars can sit on a dealer's lot for a year or more in any state (including MO) without being mothballed per your instructions, despite being exposed to excessive, heat, cold and/or humidity.

I'll let the OP decide what he needs to do for his short term storage of a running motor.
Most of the U.S. has humidity high enough to cause and accelerate corrosion, especially of ferrous metals. There IS a reason WHY AMARC in AZ verses MS. If MO is your only example of high humidity let me introduce you to the Ohio Valley, where our summertime humidity can and DOES reach 100% without precipitation being involved. We are loving this summer so far because our humidity is staying around 50%( highly unusually). By this time next week it will be in the 75% range. Care to leave any unprotected ferrous metals in 75% humidity? That IS my point: it is far better to have protection on metal than wish you had protection on metal after the fact.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
The Following User Says Thank You to hurryinhoosier62 For This Useful Post: