Old 09-04-2016, 10:08 PM

Default I heard of a long ago wrecked Ram Air IV Judge.

I work at a hospital (I'm not a doctor but I'm willing to take a look) and one day last week I had our company pickup backed up to the loading dock. I was busy loading my truck when a delivery truck backed in alongside me. The driver opened his rear doors and began unloading his delivery. He then turned to me and asked "Hey, didn't I see you driving a red 1970 Judge?" "Yep," I replied, "I've had my Judge out a lot this summer." He went on to tell me that he owned a 1968 Firebird (currently apart) and his son owns a 1974 GTO. I followed him into shipping & receiving with his packages and we exchanged the usual talk about each others cars and engines. After getting his signature, we were headed back to the dock when he told me "At one time my Firebird had a Ram Air IV engine in it. "Wow, tell me more about that!" I said.

About 1980 his father was the owner of the Firebird and he bought a rolled over 1970 Ram Air IV Judge (Baraboo, Wisconsin area). His dad pulled out the engine and installed it in the 'Bird. "What happened to the rest of the Judge?" I quickly asked. "Oh, that got junked" he said. Rats, so I moved on to the engine. "Do you still have the Ram Air engine?" I asked. Nope. After a couple of years in the 'Bird the engine somehow swallowed a bolt or something and it busted up a piston and ring. Being just another blown Pontiac engine it too was sent to the junk heap. We were now nearing the door of his delivery truck so I had to think fast, I only had time for one more question. "What color was the Judge?" I asked. "Blue," he said climbing back into his truck. I will see him again and hope to get more information.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I heard that there is a 73 White Trans Am four speed in Green Bay some where? It had been hit in rear very bad apparently beyond repair? I've tried to find it for years but have found nothing.
This story started from a body shop in Illinois back 15+ years ago. Who knows????