Old 10-06-2022, 11:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo69bird View Post
Shouldn’t the under hood lamp be on the hood on a RA car? Or is that just bird?

BTW

really sweet car a real time capsule , would be great to see detailed pics of everything even though I’m a bird person I still like to see any original Pontiac and study things. It’s so rare to find things original and undisturbed I wish more people would post pictures .
I think the location of the lamp was determined by the platform;
A couple years back I pulled some parts off of a painfully original Oshawa built 1970 Lemans Sport (3737) which had a Pontiac (as opposed to the "Canadian"; read: Chevrolet) drivetrain.
One of the parts was the under hood lamp (as well as the door sticker, valve cover fuel requirement label and some other odds and ends).
It was already picked apart when I got there, but everything underhood was there... covered in a layer of bits of straw and mouse turds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhein View Post
If someone were to take photos, I think it would be better to have them posted online, like in a thread rather than a book. That way you can download the pics and then zoom in as needed to see better. Maybe that's just my poor vision as I get older...
Call me old fashioned, I like not being teathered to a smart phone or computer via an internet connection...
I like books, I like doing stuff offline.
Books are not affected by power outages, data dead spots, or a myriad of other ISP issues.

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)
The Following User Says Thank You to unruhjonny For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2022, 12:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhein View Post
If someone were to take photos, I think it would be better to have them posted online, like in a thread rather than a book. That way you can download the pics and then zoom in as needed to see better. Maybe that's just my poor vision as I get older...
I agree I have the same issues I’d need a big magnifying glass for a book these days lol but the zoom feature is so good on detailed pictures .

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turbo69bird For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2022, 03:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by unruhjonny View Post
Call me old fashioned, I like not being teathered to a smart phone or computer via an internet connection...
I like books, I like doing stuff offline.
Books are not affected by power outages, data dead spots, or a myriad of other ISP issues.
Those are good points. But once the presbyopia sets in big screens and magnification really help. So we need both! That's always the best answer, I'll take everything. LOL.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share
Old 10-06-2022, 09:18 PM
Senior Chief

Awesome car! How cool would it be to have Cliff just around the corner.