The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 05-20-2002, 07:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Does anyone know of a vendor or individual that
has the clips that hold the molding on that goes from the rear to the front of my 66 2 door hard top?It rides high on the quarter panel to the fender.Thanks.

Old 05-20-2002, 07:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Does anyone know of a vendor or individual that
has the clips that hold the molding on that goes from the rear to the front of my 66 2 door hard top?It rides high on the quarter panel to the fender.Thanks.

Old 05-21-2002, 12:10 AM
Senior Chief

You might try your local yellow pages for a fastener place and se if they have something that will work. I had the same problem with my 69 olds and they had some stuff that I was able to use. Now some of the olds places are repoping it. In fact you might try one of their catalogs and see if it's the same. Might try hemmings also.

"It beats pickin' cotton and waitin' to be forgotten"

Old 05-21-2002, 06:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bigunde,
Sad to say no one is making the the mounting hardware (clips) for the tempest belt line molding.
I had to pick some off a dozen or so parts cars to complete a set for my 66. A real good body shop can sometimes use other types to make it work.
Restorations Specialities is one of the bigger supplyers, they may have something you can use.
Good Luck.
Jeff in VA

Old 06-14-2002, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey, did you find the clips you were looking for?

I needed the clips to hold the trim piece along the trunk lip. These are the type that have the little wire that helps hold the clip inside the trim piece but still allow it to be moved. I actually found these at a NAPA car parts store. They had a book with samples of all kinds of clips. They didn't list them as Pontiac specifically but I think it did fall under GM n general.

I can give you the part number if you need it, that is if the trim clip you need is the same size.

Old 06-17-2002, 10:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here is the numbers for the clips I found for the trim on the trunk lip of my 64 Lemans/GTO.

NAPA - BALKAMP

665-1141

They were 8 to a box for around $5.00, I figured these would be $5.00 a piece if I could even find them. For those who need them for the trim piece I am using them for, the threads that protrude through the trunk lip do look slighty long and may need to be cut or ground off, so they don't interfere when closing the trunk lid. I haven't acually installed them yet, just test fitted.