The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 06-23-2002, 07:52 AM
Senior Chief

Hi, Does anyone know where I can find a schematic of the setup for the cables used for the dash vent in a 69 gto without ac? Its not in the 69 shop manual or the restoration guide. I purchased new vent cables/pull handles from performance years but it seems that a piece is not present behind the kick panel as the cable would need to make a very acute angle to get to the lever on the valve. Thanks. Ken

Old 06-23-2002, 07:52 AM
Senior Chief

Hi, Does anyone know where I can find a schematic of the setup for the cables used for the dash vent in a 69 gto without ac? Its not in the 69 shop manual or the restoration guide. I purchased new vent cables/pull handles from performance years but it seems that a piece is not present behind the kick panel as the cable would need to make a very acute angle to get to the lever on the valve. Thanks. Ken

Old 06-24-2002, 01:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have a '69 and am at that point in gutting the interior. I can take some digital pics if that will help you out. The plastic oval deflector is off but the cables and pull-knobs are still attached to the car.

Old 06-24-2002, 07:16 PM
Senior Chief

Hi
Thanks for responding. I had my dash and kick panal out. The flapper on the lower vent is all set up, but I think that I'm missing a part which would run fron the upper pull handle to the small lever on the vent in the dash. Pictures would be great if its not too much trouble. Thanks again for your help. Regards. Ken