WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 12-23-2004, 09:06 PM

Many, Many 2004 GTO's sitting on dealer lots as of today. A quick online search of local So Cal dealer GTO inventory proves this. I predict another round of incentives from GM in January to blow out the remaining stock. We may even see the $33K GTO for as little as $20-21K after all rebates and dealer incentives! A one day only $19,999 price for any leftover 2004 GTO would have me signing papers at my local Pontiac dealer!!!

Check out this local "one only" loss leader classified ad for a new 2004 GTO.

Old 12-23-2004, 09:06 PM

Many, Many 2004 GTO's sitting on dealer lots as of today. A quick online search of local So Cal dealer GTO inventory proves this. I predict another round of incentives from GM in January to blow out the remaining stock. We may even see the $33K GTO for as little as $20-21K after all rebates and dealer incentives! A one day only $19,999 price for any leftover 2004 GTO would have me signing papers at my local Pontiac dealer!!!

Check out this local "one only" loss leader classified ad for a new 2004 GTO.

Old 12-24-2004, 06:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Many people with the GM Round Up rebate are getting them for $18K now.

Some dealers are still only going $2K under sticker then offering the rebate which would be $31K which is ridiculous.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

18K huh...at least they are finally selling for what they are worth. Ill be spending about that much for the frame off body/paint on my classic GTO that is scheduled for next March.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:17 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom McQueen:
Ill be spending about that much for the frame off body/paint on my classic GTO that is scheduled for next March. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom, I've been following your progress and am anxiously awaiting to see the final pics! The dash and mini tubs are awesome...I only hope my '70 can turn out as well as yours.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:22 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mini2nut:
Many, Many 2004 GTO's sitting on dealer lots as of today... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen a few on used car lots in places where you normally wouldn't expect to see newer cars. I think a lot of young kids got into these cars and then can't afford the payments so they take it to the first place that will get them out of their contract....should be a lot of bargains out there on 2004 GM Monaros, new or used.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:43 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
Many people with the GM Round Up rebate are getting them for $18K now.

Some dealers are still only going $2K under sticker then offering the rebate which would be $31K which is ridiculous. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone that gets one of these cars at $18K (I am skeptical that anyone gets a truly new, NOT demo or dealer driven with a couple thousand miles) is truly STEALING a wonderful performance car.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Tom, good for your. I am sure I will spend at least double that on my restoration.

THis is the break down of the GTO if you have a GM Card and are eligible for the Round Up offer.

$31,395 Invoice
-$5500 Rebate
-$5000 GM Card
-1500 GM Dealer Certificates(not everyone knows about those and not all dealers will have them
So that is $19,XXX and if you can get the car at a lesser price than 31K off the top, then it will be even more attractive.

I would probably be in one if I was eligible for that offer. I saw a Barbados Blue GTO this morning and trust me, it doesn't look like anything on the road, but then again I am a fan of the car and I could spot it a mile away.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Senior Chief

I too have no trouble segregating the new GTO from others in the GM line up as soon as I see it, Barbados or not.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:16 AM

$18,000 for a frame off restoration - GOOD LUCK!!! You may get the body in primer for that amount. I don't mean to ruin your plans but I am in the middle of a frame off on a 67 and have a friend nearing the end of a frame off on a 66 and your not in the ballpark!!! I thought the same when I started, but the reality is it will cost double whatever you think its going to cost! Sorry!
Old 12-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by llorca:
$18,000 for a frame off restoration - GOOD LUCK!!! You may get the body in primer for that amount. I don't mean to ruin your plans but I am in the middle of a frame off on a 67 and have a friend nearing the end of a frame off on a 66 and your not in the ballpark!!! I thought the same when I started, but the reality is it will cost double whatever you think its going to cost! Sorry! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Given Toms documneted progress on this and attention to detail which I've seen many pictures of I think he probably knows what he is talking about. When he's done this is going to be one of the finest 70 GTOs' in the country.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:41 AM

I hope he can! I really do. I just don't believe that number is realistic even doing most, if not, all of the work. Parts themselves will swallow that money up. Not to mention chrome plating and such.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by llorca:
I hope he can! I really do. I just don't believe that number is realistic even doing most, if not, all of the work. Parts themselves will swallow that money up. Not to mention chrome plating and such. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is not something he just started. He has been working on this for quite some time. I believe his reference of 18k was to the remaining amount needed to finish it, not a total amount.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:54 AM

That would make a lot more sense!! Mine has been apart for 4 years and I hope to complete it sometime this coming summer. It's a long expensive road!!!! Good luck Tom can't wait to see pics when its done - love those '70s!
Old 12-24-2004, 12:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That would make a lot more sense!! Mine has been apart for 4 years and I hope to complete it sometime this coming summer. It's a long expensive road!!!! Good luck Tom can't wait to see pics when its done - love those '70s! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The pictures I've seen of the rear tub, differential, roll cage, exhaust, outrageous machined dash insert, steering column and flawless execution to detail he has spared no expense in getting this done right. I was challenged by Champ that a $40k resto meant mine must have be in terrible shape, I don't know what I'm talking about, blah, blah , blah. My 70 is arrow straight and factory right down to the radio knob, it's just tired after 278,000 miles and 30+ Montana winters. From everybody I've talked to and restos I've read about in the way I want to do mine, $40k is right in the ballpark. Given Champs expertise with Pontiacs I would assume he did most of the work himself on his award winning '64 which might explain his figure coming in far below $40k. I've had plenty of musclecars including 3 GTOs and a brief romance with a Gold '67 Firebird but I don't consider myself enough of a Pontiac expert to do this resto myself. Therefor I'll be paying somebody to do the majority of the work for me: Thus $40k.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No parts (except the media to blast everything clean, filler, sandpaper, paint and new urethane body to frame mounts/stainless hardware). The car will be a shell and all they will do is take the body off the frame, straighten whatever needs to be straightened and make it pretty. Careful assembly will follow.
The automotive version of a face lift and boob job. (am I allowed to say that?)
Old 12-24-2004, 12:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom McQueen:
The automotive version of a face lift and boob job. (am I allowed to say that?) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's some creative automotive phraseology...Keep us posted. I've seen plenty of 64-69 resto pics. Yours is the first 70 I've been able to follow. I'm sure there are many grateful 70 owners other than myself who are following your progress as well. On ultgto.com it looked like it had already been repainted black other than the endura bumper. Are you repainting it again in the same color?
Old 12-24-2004, 02:00 PM
Senior Chief

Shouldn't you guys be discussing the restoration of a '70 GTO on another forum...say, the '70 forum? Wonderful car, but probably not appropriate for this thread.
Old 12-24-2004, 02:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rabon:
Shouldn't you guys be discussing the restoration of a '70 GTO on another forum...say, the '70 forum? Wonderful car, but probably not appropriate for this thread. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True. It just sort of went that way. I don't think you'll see any more on it.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I saw that article for 21xxx for that price i will buy it. i went to my local pontiac dealer and his best price is 25500. I dont have a gm card but help me get down to 21500.