Old 07-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Senior Chief

Cool pics of Milner Pontiac!
That is the dealership my '69 Judge was sold through!

Old 07-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Senior Chief

Very cool dealership pictures! Reminded me of the 68 catalina rag top I bought back in my senior year of high school. I had a lot of fun in that old boat!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0977ab40_214684.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	175588  

69' Judge R/A III 4-speed, Mayfair Maize/black interior.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectfolly View Post
Cool pics of Milner Pontiac!
That is the dealership my '69 Judge was sold through!
what is the history of your car??? how did it end up in michigan? if you dont mind, i would love to see a copy of the phs.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
what is the history of your car??? how did it end up in michigan? if you dont mind, i would love to see a copy of the phs.
I dont really know much of the history of my car beyond the person I bought it from back in 1993.
This is a boring story, but I'll just ramble about what little I know about it.
The car was invoiced at Milner Pontiac in July of '69. Between that time and the late 80s early 90's the car ended up in Texas.
If I remember correctly, the person I bought the car from, bought it in Texas while living in either Dallas or Houston, I cant remember which.
He later moved to Virginia and took the car with him.
Somewhere in this timeframe he decided to sell the car.
A buddy of his which was/is into Pontiacs and lived near Ann Arbor Mi, decided to bring the car to Michigan and put it up for sale in a Pontiac show and swap meet called the Dust Off.
At the time, the Dust Off was in Pontiac Michigan, at Pontiac Motors, in the employee parking lot right in front the Pontiac Administration building - in my opinion a great place to have a Pontiac show!
Anyway, he was selling the Judge to buy a GMC Typhoon. Apparently, he had a bad experience getting work done on the Judge and wanted to move on and forget the car.

I saw the car at the show and bought it a week or so later.

I would really like to more about its history since it left Milner.

I'll show the PHS once I get my new computer to recognize my old scanner....

Old 07-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved400 View Post
Tripower is on it!

Would be cool if the picture was clearer so we could see exactly what it was.
That pic Steve posted is from the Humbler commercial, if you stop the motion at the 14, 15 and 16 second points you can see the right knob is ram air and the left knob is the VOE since it's the one he is opening to change the exhaust note in the commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3GLNYzoZEM

I can't make out the wording on the VOE knob plate but maybe someone else knows what it says, looks like a Pontiac arrowhead and maybe Pontiac in the middle

Old 07-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It says "Exhaust Mode"

Old 07-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer View Post
It says "Exhaust Mode"
thanks Sawyer, I was way off with "Pontiac" but it's pretty blurry. The car in the commercial has quite a list of options with Ram Air, VOE, Rally Stripe, Formula Wheel, Hood Tach and what looks like Palamino Copper paint. Would love to know if it survived and is still out there somewhere.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:28 PM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

Rick

That was one sweet ride! Wouldn't be cool to all be able to return to the time period and order up more and different sweetly optioned cars? At my family dealership back in the 60's; my two uncles were a bunch of BONE HEADS when it came to ordering cars, boring and only optioned for quick sale. Whose to blame them though; they were in business to make a buck.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

yep, I had a similar less optioned '70 GTO hardtop in Palamino Copper when I was 16. Looking at the kids in that Humbler commercial reminds me of how young we were to be driving cars like that and makes me wonder what my father was thinking when he let me buy it!

Old 07-23-2009, 02:31 PM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

My frist car at 16 was a 69 GTO; the only smart thing they did was stick a 2bl on it, they said when I learned enough to change it back to a 4bl I'd be ready for it.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Steve, my first car at 16 was also a 69 GTO (H/T with an Auto), which I still have the int and engine from...I drove it for all it was worth back then and had a blast...

Last edited by robz; 07-23-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Senior Chief

Default Milner Pontiac Tulsa Oaklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
Here is a copy of the PHS.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Judge PHS.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	175790  

Old 08-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to HJones1313

Here's a couple of pics of my basketcase.....the first taken after picking it up for the first time in 1983, the second in 1990 after getting it the 2nd time. Still have the car.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Home for the first time 1983 01.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	176802   Click image for larger version

Name:	The beast awaits.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	176803  

Old 08-06-2009, 12:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by da judge View Post
I have some photo's of my buddy's Ron Judge through the years.

1ST. PHOTO The original owner was a guy named Randy. In 1970 he walked into a local Pontiac dealership looking for a new car. He really liked the white 70 judge sitting on the showroom floor, but he did'nt care for the red interior. So out came the order form and he ordered a white Judge to his liking. Ram Air IV, M-22, four speed, 4:33 posi, hood tach, black interior and not much else. He at first ordered the car with the WT7 black rear spoiler. He later canceled that order, figuring he would just paint it black himself. The first photo from the summer of 1972 shows his girlfriend ( later wife ) leaning on the car. Some changes are evident. Well placed stickers, aftermarket black mirrors and mismatched mags. American racing in the front and Ansen slots in the rear. I got to talk to Randy this past summer, he and his wife still live in the same small town. He had some great stories about tearing around in the car. Like blowing up the Ram Air IV engine. The dealership installed a service replacment.

2ND PHOTO My buddy Ron bought the car in 1973. It only had to travel across town to it's new home. That's his girlfriend ( later wife ) leaning on the car. The stickers are gone, but the mags and black mirrors and spoiler remain.

MISSING PHOTO This photo was a 8 x 10 hanging on the wall, so I was'nt able to get it. This shot shows the Judge with new paint on Ron's wedding day in 1976. The car has the "Just Married" signs taped to the door and strings of cans trailing behind. The thing I like about this photo is the bad hairstyles and period cars in the back round, namely a new Gremlin. Ron drove the Judge to Canada for his honeymoon.

3RD PHOTO This is everyones favorite. As the Judge became just another rusty old car, it served many different uses. That darn spoiler is good for something after all. To be truly a classic Wisconsin photo, take out the Pepsi can and insert piles of beer cans with a Green Bay Packers sign in the backround. The Judge was put into storage in 1983.

4TH PHOTO Late eighties, the Judge is out of storage and awaiting restoration by a pair of auto restorers. Ron kept the title in his name and had first "buy back" rights upon completion. I've worked in a salvage yard for the last twenty years. I've developed a saying, "No rust" means you can put your finger through it, "a Little rust" means you can put your fist through it, now this car has "some rust". Those "coke bottle" American Racing rims are now serving time with a matching pair on my "Rat Rod" nostalgic 68 Chevelle.

5TH PHOTO Restoration is done. Ron liked how the Judge turned out so he paid for the restoration. The car got re-bodied but it still retains it's SR Ram Air IV engine, original M-22 and 4:33 rear axle. It's on it's way to the 1993 Indy GTOAA meet where it placed
first in the concours restored 69-71 Judge class. Recently the Ram Air IV was freshened and it still does smokeey burnouts.

INTERESTING FOOTNOTE Ron's Judge and the previous white snow Judge I posted before were both bought new at different rural Wisconsin Pontiac dealerships. Both the cars and the various owners have always been within 30 miles of each other since new.
None of the owners of each car ever saw or knew the other white Judge existed until I
informed both of them of each others whereabouts in 2005.
I like the pic with the 'buck' on the trunk.I have a pic of my dads 66 GTO with a couple of 'doe' on the trunk from a hunting trip in 1968 in Pa.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatman65 View Post
I like the pic with the 'buck' on the trunk.I have a pic of my dads 66 GTO with a couple of 'doe' on the trunk from a hunting trip in 1968 in Pa.
Never tease us like that . Post it, please...

Old 08-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

After a long year at the track...

Old 08-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That is one hell of a trophy collection...What year was this??

Old 08-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
After a long year at the track...
Mike, you are so lucky to have great pictures. In the mail yesterday, I received a picture of my car from the original owner, but it is just a small quarter panel shot showing his son in the picture. I am glad to have it, but having something nice is probably pretty rare.

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

robz, My guess would be 1973. Still has the Rally II's and I have some (10) time slips from 71-73 that have trophy written in. That house looks like a Houston suburbia?

Betwinner, I aree having these old pictures are priceless! They really give a sense and tell the history of how a car was treated. I have about 20 snap shots from dayone to some cool drag strip shots. The owner in the pits dropping the exhaust, etc.

Last edited by Judge273; 08-06-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here are some of my favorite shots with slicks at the Houston Speedway.