Old 04-23-2011, 10:22 PM

Default Antenna

I have a 69 GTO with a spoiler and the antena hole is in the rear right fender. I do not want to install a power antena. I would like suggestions on where I can get an antena with base that will retract semi flush with the fender. I would also like a somewhat rearward angle. I realize the issues with a rear antena spoiler combination. If PY has one available please let me know.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not sure if any fully retract, I'd try Radio shack, Advance, O'Rielly. Any parts store will have a universal antenna that will work. No need to spend big money on a factory antenna on such a non-factory installation.

My site... needs updated-
www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here is what I have on my car, mounted in the rear quarter. It retracts totally flush, comes with a variety of fittings and bezels to mount it, and it is all stainless/chrome so it looks close to stock.

http://www.antennax.com/p-4329-ponti...1969-1970.aspx

Walt

"The best way to show a car is to drive it"