Old 04-14-2012, 09:53 PM

Default 2 different balancers

I have a 69 wt engine and the balancer has two holes drilled for weight removal on the side. I have a 75 block with the same balancer with no holes drilled. I have a 4 speed using an eternally balanced flywheel. Can I use the no drilled one on the WT engine? The WT one has damage in the seal surface causing an oil leak. If not I will require another one.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Senior Chief

You can use a harmonic balancer repair sleeve, which slips over the balancer shaft and effectively repairs wear. This costs less than $10:

http://www.summitracing.com/search/B...epair-Sleeves/

Old 04-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

as mentioned above but to answer your question the two balancers are interchangeable.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pontiac engines are internally ballanced and as such the dampers and fly wheels/flex plates are neutral ballanced.

I am not sure what a "eternally balanced flywheel" is though. Does this mean once you ballance it it is good for eternity?

Old 04-16-2012, 03:54 PM

Default Eternally

It is "eternally" balanced. The word should have been externally. I have wore out my x key by searching to many xxx sites. Thanks for the help. Upon further review both balances I have have weight removed. One one the face and the other on the side.