Old 10-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Senior Chief

Default PM option went away

It seems that about six months +/- ago my ability to send PMs went away. Did some settings get moved or changed? I read in the FAQ's section about it, but the "send PM" button does not show in any posts that I view on my computer. (Yes, I am signed in)

If I remember right, I used to just click on someone's name, and an option to 'send PM' would pop up. Now it just takes me to that member's page, with no place to send a PM.

Any ides?

Old 10-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Look two lines under where it has "welcome (user name)".
It's lit up in blue on my screen and been there as long as I can remember.

Clay

Old 10-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by "QUICK-SILVER" View Post
Look two lines under where it has "welcome (user name)".
It's lit up in blue on my screen and been there as long as I can remember.

Clay
Yes, that is there. What I am referring to is if I am in a thread, and want to send a PM to a user. I could just click on that user's name, and an option was "send PM".

That is now gone...

No idea why. I can't find anything in the 'settings' menu either. Under settings you can click on 'allow PM's', and my setting had that 'allowed'. So not sure what else I can do. Is there a site administrator or something that can look at this?

Old 10-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Unfortunately what you are experiencing is most likely an issue with Internet Explorer. One of it's updates a while back began blocking many of the scripts on the PY Forums.

You used to see a small dropdown menu when you clicked on a user's name but IE is now blocking that dropdown (the dropdown still works fine on all of the other browsers I've tried).

You can still PM by clicking on the username, going to the member's page, clicking the Contact Info tab, then clicking Send a Private Message.

Until I can figure out why IE is blocking the Forums scripts, you may need to use this less convenient option (or you might consider trying another browser).

Steve

Old 10-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm_fan View Post
Unfortunately what you are experiencing is most likely an issue with Internet Explorer. One of it's updates a while back began blocking many of the scripts on the PY Forums.

You used to see a small dropdown menu when you clicked on a user's name but IE is now blocking that dropdown (the dropdown still works fine on all of the other browsers I've tried).

You can still PM by clicking on the username, going to the member's page, clicking the Contact Info tab, then clicking Send a Private Message.

Until I can figure out why IE is blocking the Forums scripts, you may need to use this less convenient option (or you might consider trying another browser).

Steve
Ding, ding! We have a winner! Logged in with Firefox, and back to the good old days! We switched servers last spring and upgraded software. Never put two and two together. Thanks for the assist!