SOLD Parts The parts in here have already been sold. The topics will be kept for a few months for reference.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1970 Trans Am

1970 Trans Am with all of the rare parts, cowl, an subframe.

I picked up a white 1970 Trans Am automatic non-a/c car with only 70K miles in the mid-80s. It has a deluxe blue interior and performance axle (3.73). The car came from Beckley WV, and was pretty rusty. The previous owner spun a rod bearing and had the engine out to rebuild it when I purchased it.

Due to the extent of the rust and lack of storage, I dismantled the car and boxed up the parts in wood crates. I cut the cowl through the floor board and windshield pillars, saving the cowl and subframe.

The car has the following parts with it:

Engine:

- YZ 4-bolt main block with "12" heads and correct intake, early to mid March cast dates
- Original ram III exhaust manifolds
- Original distributor
- Original 7040270 carb with appropriate dates
- Starter, alternator, flex fan, and all brackets are boxed (have not verified p/ns)
- Engine is assembled (minus carb) and stored in a dry basement. I pulled the main and rod caps to inspect before greasing up cylinder walls and putting it in the basement. Engine was very clean internally.

Rest of Drivetrain:
- Original PQ coded transmission
- Original 3.73 12-bolt
- Original JW wheels (4) with 5 25 dates

Body:
- Cowl
- Subframe
- Cowl tag shows early July build date
- Clear WV title

Interior:
- Deluxe blue seats, front and rear. I don't think any are torn.
- Door panels, I think passenger is good, drivers side has a small split
- Seat belts
- Interior panels, bright blue
- I don't think I have the console, I believe it had some holes cut in it
- Dash pad with original gauges, non-ac bezel, very nice

Other:
- Original shaker assembly. I think the base was modified by adding holes for air flow
- Original core support, some rust but can be repaired

Right now most of the parts are in a basement stored in long wooden crates. I haven't opened the crates in years. Everything is currently stored about 30 minutes from Charlotte NC.

$12K for everything. Engine is for sale separately and I will part out if the engine sells.

Email poncho_mike@yahoo.com for more information. My inbox is always full, email is the best way to reach me.

Old 11-16-2021, 02:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hi I'm Ignacio I'm restoring my 1970 formula 400 ram air 3 I m looking for engine parts like alternator ac compressor ram air air cleaner for formula. Wiring harness both engine and cab with rally guages a dash and good console. 9254358055

Old 11-16-2021, 02:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hi I'm Ignacio I'm restoring my 1970 formula 400 ram air 3 I m looking for engine parts like alternator ac compressor ram air air cleaner for formula. Wiring harness both engine and cab with rally guages a dash and good console. 9254358055

Old 11-16-2021, 05:18 PM

How much for the engine?

Old 11-16-2021, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Everything has been sold except the interior and carb, which I'm planning on using for my projects.

Old 11-17-2021, 08:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Please move this to the Sold section.