Old 01-17-2005, 12:45 PM

I am now starting to feel bad about doing my GTO conversion to my 69 Custom S Convertible!
BlownB310, I still have all of the interior in very good shape if you may be interested in it. Door panels with scripts, front bench and rear seat.

Let me know

Old 01-17-2005, 01:02 PM

Really? The driver's side of your front split bench seat isn't split or ripped? How many miles were on your car when you removed the stock interior?

Old 01-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey blownb,
I was bored today and did an avatar for you. Here you go.

Copy and paste the URL or save the image and upload it to PY.

Good luck with the interior.

Old 01-17-2005, 04:04 PM

That is excellent Goathead, Thanks!

I have been trying to change my avatar this week, but for some reason cannot. Nothing happens when I click on "edit". I can't find a link to a moderator for some help either. Any ideas?

The server that hosted my last avater went belly up. It was no problem uploading the last one.

Old 01-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I don't know. If you're logged in and can see all the stuff in your profile that you can edit, try left clicking on the 'edit' link where your avatar box is and see where you go.

Once you get there, the URL for the avatar is http://www.orbitorange.net/images/bb.gif

Old 01-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Oh yeah, one more thing blownb,

Look for a guy named einstein who posts on these forums. He knows a lot about the lesser known (and popular) Pontiac A-bodies.

Old 01-17-2005, 08:09 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by goathead68:
I don't know. If you're logged in and can see all the stuff in your profile that you can edit, try left clicking on the 'edit' link where your avatar box is and see where you go. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks Goathead. The problem is I click on it, but nothing happens. It's almost as if I'm locked out or something. I can edit any other part of my profile. I tried turning off my Norton firewall just in case that had anything to do with it but nothing.

In any case, thanks for the tip about einstein.

Old 01-18-2005, 01:20 AM

BLOWNB310
It has 68K on it now [hasnt been driven for the last 8 years].
As far as I know, it is in nearly perfect shape with no rips or tears. The only catch is, I have not seen another S either, and though I got from original owner, I am not positive if it is OEM stock seats, it looks to be as it matches the door panels as far as the motif, but not sure 100% of grain etc... Will look at the seats after this weekend as I am attending the NAMM convention and will be back on Monday next week.

Old 01-18-2005, 03:22 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blownb310:
Thanks Goathead. The problem is I click on it, but nothing happens. It's almost as if I'm locked out or something. I can edit any other part of my profile. I tried turning off my Norton firewall just in case that had anything to do with it but nothing.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks to Steve [our moderator] for fixing my problem with the avatar editing. Looks like I was not the only one with that problem.
Thanks again.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:14 PM

I just purchased a '69 Custom S convertible. It is about 95% rust free and is the most solid project I own! My car didn't come with the Custom S interior though when I bought it, but it was a bench seat with front armrest (I think most if not all were), power top, AC, am/fm, deluxe hucaps, and was good old Verdero Green with a black interior. I can't recall the rest of the options, but it was nicely loaded.
Since it was already missing the front bumper, needs a hood and interior, I am going to Judge clone it. I know, I know......
It did come with a nice set of bucket seat cores, as well as a backseat core, so I am ahead there. Plans are to have this one done for Power Tour this summer ('07). In reading about the Custom S cars, they sound pretty cool! I am glad I own one.