Old 05-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Yet another Barn (actually a/c hangar) Judge! I think I'm going to like Texas!

In the process of a move from Va to Texas. Got to Killeen on Saturday evening and by Sunday I had another Judge in the stable!

Owner heard that I was looking for Judges and e mailed me. Said he wouldn't e mail pics b/c if he had to go thru the trouble of cleaning it up and taking pics that I "could bid against everyone else on e-bay for it." However, the price was RIGHT and based on his description, we made a tentative deal. I was a bit nervous, but I had the PHS and it was a "too hard to pass up" deal.

Car has been sitting in an aircraft hangar outside Lubbock for the past 10 years or so. Owner bought it but got married and lost steam. Car is Carousel Red, hideaways, RA III, 4 sp, black interior, hood tach, 8 track (MIA), P/S, P/DB, etc. Engine and Ram Air equip is MIA, but otherwise complete. Body is SOLID - trunk, floors, fenders, nose, etc all great shape. Has had a rear quarter replaced (fender bender), and that will have to be redone. Still have to go through the boxes that I got with it to see it's got.

No pics yet but will get some soon...

Scott

Old 05-22-2006, 10:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

as kyle would say on south park
"you bastard" lol just kidding

1 69 gto 4 speed
1 69 gto judge
1 75 ta
1 79 formula
1 80 formula
1 81 ta
1 89 formula
1 96 ta
1 66 mustang
1 84 mustang
1 89 25th anniv mustang convert
kaysersuzuki@yahoo.com
Old 05-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

so how many does that make now

1 69 gto 4 speed
1 69 gto judge
1 75 ta
1 79 formula
1 80 formula
1 81 ta
1 89 formula
1 96 ta
1 66 mustang
1 84 mustang
1 89 25th anniv mustang convert
kaysersuzuki@yahoo.com
Old 05-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Dam Bullet, You have the magic finger.

Can I hire you to find me a Blue 69 judge or Ram Air Car or a Orange/Black Vinyl top 69 Judge or Ram Air car??????

Old 05-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How on earth are you going to move all those cars from VA to TX?

Old 05-22-2006, 02:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice score Scott! Post pics when you can.

Where are you going to be staioned? That way I can just avoid that area for scouting!

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 05-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

John - will post some pics when I can, but don't have the software or hardware here to download the pics from my camera. Did get several pics of it sitting in the hangar, covered in 10 years of dust. I'm at Ft Hood (Killeen, Tx - 50 miles north of Austin), and will be working with another PY member. Have to link up with him this week if I can. Will let y'all know if I find anything else around here.

PonJohn - well, I have my street/strip Fairlane here now, along with the Carousel Red Judge, and my '66 Fairlane convt is in Louisiana. That leaves 4 cars in Virginia. I think and will trailer the gold Judge down in July and get the remaining 3 cars transported.

Kaysersuzuki - that's 7 musclecars, including one '69 GTO, and two '69 Judges.

69 RA GTO - I'll be sure and let y'all know of any cars that I find that I don't pick up. Right now I'm trying to get some details on a '69 Limelight Green Judge that's for sale, but not advertised...

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited by bulletpruf; 05-23-2006 at 05:23 AM.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default How is this possible?

I just don't understand.... how do you live your life such that strangers contact you regarding their judge for sale?

The only people who contact me want to sell some Tenessee beach front property.

Old 05-23-2006, 05:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmygoat
I just don't understand.... how do you live your life such that strangers contact you regarding their judge for sale?

The only people who contact me want to sell some Tenessee beach front property.
There are plenty of strangers who have contacted me with Judges, GTO's, etc, for sale in the past few months. It actually happens all the time, and I've passed on plenty of cars (usually notify y'all when I pass on something worth picking up).

I would share the details on how I drum up the business, but the last time I posted the info here a good buddy of mine blew a gasket. He said I was sharing all my secrets with y'all and that you'd all be in direct competition with him. He's been a good friend for 20+ years and we've turned a lot of wrenches together so I deleted the post after it had been up for a few days.

Having said that, there's no "secret method" that I use. Just some avenues that drum up a lot more business than you'd think (some locally, some nationally). On a related note, I almost wish I didn't have 7 musclecars now; there is a LOT of stuff around here, but I don't want to beat the bushes if I really shouldn't be buying anythinge else.

Good luck with the beach front property in Tennessee and I'll continue to let y'all know about the stuff that I don't pick up.

Thanks,

Scott

Old 06-22-2006, 04:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok, here are the pics. She's dirty, but straight, with the exception of the quarter which needs to be redone.

Still moving cars from Va to Texas. Have 4 more to go (Gold '69 Judge, Silver '69 GTO, '71 GTX, '66 Chevelle SS396). Taking the Gold Judge or maybe the '69 GTO next week. Will probably put the last 3 on a car hauler; I'm d*mn tired of driving.

Guess I got to stop buying cars, but I did look at a '67 GTX today; original 4 sp car, but it's kind of rough. Don't think I'm going to pick it up unless it's an original hemi car. Will have to decode the VIN to see what it says...

Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2739_thumb.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	56831   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2741_thumb.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	56832   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2736_thumb.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	56833   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2734_thumb.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	56834   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2738_thumb.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	56835  

Old 06-22-2006, 04:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Scott-

anything else come with the orange car?

Old 06-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponjohn
Scott-

anything else come with the orange car?
John,

Yes, I've got everything except for the engine and ram air goodies. Still need to do a good inventory, but I put it in a mini-storage and headed out of town shortly afterwards.

Scott

Old 06-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Bullet, Did you win a lottery or something? I remember when you first joined this forum you acted as though 15k was too much for you to spend on the Gold Judge. You've added 6 cars to your collection since then...that you've told us about. Give me a call when the money runs out, I'd love to have a '69...DW

70 SPECIAL ORDER SABLE BLACK 4SPEED III JUDGE
70 ATOLE BLUE AUTO GTO
69 C.RED 4SPEED III JUDGE
67 WHITE 4SPEED 400 VERT FIREBIRD
65 MAIZE 4SPEED TRIPOWER VERT GTO
65 TURQ. 4SPEED TRIPOWER VERT GTO

WANTING A IV......
20 other non-pontiacs which need to be thinned down so I can buy more PONTIACS
Old 06-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-doug
Bullet, Did you win a lottery or something? I remember when you first joined this forum you acted as though 15k was too much for you to spend on the Gold Judge. You've added 6 cars to your collection since then...that you've told us about. Give me a call when the money runs out, I'd love to have a '69...DW
Dr Doug -

No, didn't win a lottery. Just have a good job and made some good deals on cars and parts that I sold. Put the proceeds back into buying more cars. The cars that I've kept were bought for reasonable $$$, too.

Am also supposed to head out of the country for a year pretty soon, so trying to build up the inventory before I head out.

Scott

Old 06-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletpruf
John - will post some pics when I can, but don't have the software or hardware here to download the pics from my camera. Did get several pics of it sitting in the hangar, covered in 10 years of dust. I'm at Ft Hood (Killeen, Tx - 50 miles north of Austin), and will be working with another PY member. Have to link up with him this week if I can. Will let y'all know if I find anything else around here.

PonJohn - well, I have my street/strip Fairlane here now, along with the Carousel Red Judge, and my '66 Fairlane convt is in Louisiana. That leaves 4 cars in Virginia. I think and will trailer the gold Judge down in July and get the remaining 3 cars transported.

Kaysersuzuki - that's 7 musclecars, including one '69 GTO, and two '69 Judges.

69 RA GTO - I'll be sure and let y'all know of any cars that I find that I don't pick up. Right now I'm trying to get some details on a '69 Limelight Green Judge that's for sale, but not advertised...

Thanks,

Scott

You have the magic touch on finding judges, that's amazing. Need more pics !
Love the hideaway cars

To hell with the Digital Camera software, just get a flash card reader, take the flash card out of the camera, connect the flash card reader to your USB port, POOf ! Instant removable hard drive with your pics on it