Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-31-2014, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

fair nuff

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
Also thought the name calling, back stabbing, etc was not allowed.

hello pot this is kettle

Quote:
Look at how selling a block to an idiot turned out.

you never did answer my question of who you were talking about. come to think about it, you didn't post again in that thread after i asked who you were referring to

Old 01-31-2014, 09:30 PM
Senior Chief

He never answered my question on why he'd never buy an IA2 block either.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

YA! and he never answered this question of Mine....
JOHN,

Relax I'm not about to slam you. By technical discussions do you mean theoretical discussions of hypothesis and Ideas?

Or more like discussions on various parts,methods, and procedures to advance a particular racer in need of help or possibly us all.

Or does it look more like a couple guys discussing their Ideas and theories completely unchecked. Those theories and hypothesis are the GOLDEN rule and whomever has the best IDEA wins regardless of facts or some racers experience IN THAT VERY AREA

WELL?

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
Was that an intentional pun?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vjmBQZNG8L0

Old 01-31-2014, 10:17 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by v869tr6 View Post
I predict my car will get used at a few different events on the bucket list.
Wondering if I have the balls to try a 1/2 or 1 mile race.
Sure you do!

Ohio Mile, Texas Mile, or Bonneville. Any of the three would count on the list.

Good luck if you decide to try one of them.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:27 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Zeek View Post

Quote:
Look at how selling a block to an idiot turned out.
I got a $1000 bucks says he wont say to the persons face he was referring to.. He is just butt hurt because that "idiot" was right about the block...

The Following User Says Thank You to Scott Roberts For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 10:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
You got some weird azz music dude

Old 01-31-2014, 10:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
Thats easy, to much ass puckering at the 3/4 mile point leading into a full scale Chitting of your pants at the slightest bump in the road!!!
Best I can figure a mile would be somewhere around 23 to 25 seconds after the start, how big of a mess could I make in that much time? LOL

Old 01-31-2014, 10:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Sure you do!

Ohio Mile, Texas Mile, or Bonneville. Any of the three would count on the list.

Good luck if you decide to try one of them.

Tom Vaught
Thanks Tom, thinking about doing a stand 1/2 mile first.
My car seems good at up to 157 on the strip, doesn't move around at all.
I hear things can change a lot as speeds increase.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I Know thats right.
Here's something the go faster guys might like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szjQ0VOWl2E

Old 02-01-2014, 01:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blued and Painted View Post
I Know thats right.
Here's something the go faster guys might like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szjQ0VOWl2E
They Rock!

The Following User Says Thank You to David Holmberg For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2014, 01:20 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeise View Post
What Im saying is -- just like ANY engine -- the combo has to be right to make it produce, How many cams do you think Comp cams sells and in one engine it makes a 100 hp more than another -- same cam - different combination. We see it stated all the time here and most live by that creedo - what may be a good port, good cam , good head ect.ect for one guy may not work for another guy if his combination is different or wrong to maximize it. Point is if the heads worked on a number of other cars and applications but they didnt on yours just maybe its not the heads, Im not trying to take a shot at you but im trying to explain the logic behind my statement.
i think you guys are missing the fact that besides the drop in hp he was given an intake that didnt fit and looked like a "shop class" built it lol, i think he was more disappointed with the missed deadlines ( by a lot ) and poor quality, maybe the cam wasnt ideal for the new top end . but when it looks like they took a hammer and chisel to the deck to hold the o ring wire in.... thats a problem. pretty sure he was more concerned with the quality of the work performed. l.j. and kinsler had good results with gaby . thats awesome, but fulton didnt, and didnt go into details until ecm kept trying to come up with excuses why it was b.s. then he posted the story . i wouldnt be surprised if pics followed. only dick and gaby KNOW the truth 100%. just my $.02 not that you guys care.

67 LE MANS in pieces...
68 gto
84 grand prix twin turbo 496 pontiac 25.3 cage
The Following User Says Thank You to lemans411 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2014, 02:10 AM
Senior Chief

Curt,

I realize you are the latest poster boy for Gaby and therefore want to defend him. I understand that. There are two things you should know: 1) Gaby was given our cam specs and at no time did he make any cam change recommendations. 2) Changing from a 1.6 rocker to a 1.85 rocker is already a significant "cam change". Is the cam perfect for the "improved" top end? No, but it is close. Close enough to have made some base line numbers to tune from. I am not asking for help diagnosing our power loss. We'll deal with that in house.

Losing power is merely a footnote in this two year fiasco. Having to sit on the sidelines for two years while our competition catches up to us infuriates me. Having to watch two years of re-certifications go to waste infuriates me. Being lied to month after month infuriates me. Getting shoddy workmanship from some unknown sub-contractor, instead of the artwork that Gaby is known for, infuriates me. Having to do things twice infuriates me. Having to do it over a third time infuriates me even more.

Again, is it all Gaby's fault? No, but to have allowed this project to get so far behind and so fouled up is ultimately his responsibility. As you can tell, I am more upset about losing the two years than anything else. We have a lot of ground to make up.

Dick Fulton

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Badbird69 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2014, 09:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
some folks are built for comfort , others built for speed.

just playing with ya; figured you might crank it up for the family members. Hope to see you at Norwalk 2014, & figure out why your combo runs so quick.

Sold 2003: 12.00/112MPH/1.61 60'/26"x3.31:1/10"/469 #48/245-255-110LSA/Q-Jet-Torker/3650Lbs//18MPG 94oct
Sold 1994: 11.00/123MPH/1.50 60'/29.5"x4.10:1/10"/469 #48/245-255-110LSA/Dual600s-Wenzler/3250Lbs//94oct
Old 02-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird69 View Post
Curt,

I realize you are the latest poster boy for Gaby and therefore want to defend him. I understand that. There are two things you should know: 1) Gaby was given our cam specs and at no time did he make any cam change recommendations. 2) Changing from a 1.6 rocker to a 1.85 rocker is already a significant "cam change". Is the cam perfect for the "improved" top end? No, but it is close. Close enough to have made some base line numbers to tune from. I am not asking for help diagnosing our power loss. We'll deal with that in house.

Losing power is merely a footnote in this two year fiasco. Having to sit on the sidelines for two years while our competition catches up to us infuriates me. Having to watch two years of re-certifications go to waste infuriates me. Being lied to month after month infuriates me. Getting shoddy workmanship from some unknown sub-contractor, instead of the artwork that Gaby is known for, infuriates me. Having to do things twice infuriates me. Having to do it over a third time infuriates me even more.

Again, is it all Gaby's fault? No, but to have allowed this project to get so far behind and so fouled up is ultimately his responsibility. As you can tell, I am more upset about losing the two years than anything else. We have a lot of ground to make up.

Dick Fulton
Agree with you about the TIME deal. You can't ever get that back.
That being said, lately you can read posts about Heads with screwed up seats, (according to the owner). Blocks that were improperly machined, Intake manifolds possibly made by a sub-contractor that needed additional work, Headers that don't fit, Valvetrain that doesn't look right, yada, yada, yada.

So is the PY board a bad place for posting this info, not really.
Info just tells the people buying that it is not a perfect world out there.

BE PREPARED for less than you expected. BE HAPPY when you see outstanding work like the "Magic Man's" stuff. Course MM is making the stuff for FRANK.

Even FRANK has issues with stuff not always being dead nuts on the money at times.

But don't let it drag you down Dick, because that is water over the dam now.
Climb back into the saddle and start a new day. You are still here, breathing.
Beats the chit out of the alternative. Lets go racing in 2014!

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
some folks are built for comfort , others built for speed.

just playing with ya; figured you might crank it up for the family members. Hope to see you at Norwalk 2014, & figure out why your combo runs so quick.
I was hoping you would come back and hang out with us again....bringing a bigger BBQ this year. And a 71 455ho t37 for the kid to drive in the street class

Old 02-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird69 View Post
Curt,

Dick Fulton
I can only relate given MY experience - remember perception is reality. And the statement that only you and Gabby know the complete story -- and you each have your own "reality", that being said I can only comment on what I have experienced and that is that Gabby has been nothing but fair and up front with me - AND produced the results promised. Have we had disagrements, sure, did he handle them as an absolute proffesional -- absolutley, I can't say the same about some other shops that come here and spout off about there products or programs. My point still is -- if you have the same product that many others have made very succesfull and you cannot duplicate the results, is it the product or the end user -- And where do you mention the complete new manifold that you were provided to address the quality issues of the first ??? It does sound like an honest effort was made to resolve the issues - I do understand about the time, but to be honest Id NEVER WAIT for two years to get stuff together-- not unless I excepted at least some of the blame for the issues at hand and felt the time issue was a shared event. Some times " relationships" just dont work and everyone needs to move on, If one side is a complete dick - thats the time to throw stones - if both sides just can not find middle ground to work on - time to move on.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
No slobber, just a prediction!
Another prediction..........all 7 sec. Door Car field for the Quick 16!

GTO George
Huh???.....Don"t know about slobber....what you drinking???,,
I'll take some.....

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 02-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60man View Post
Huh???.....Don"t know about slobber....what you drinking???,,
I'll take some.....
the koolaide....you don't want any troy.

The Following User Says Thank You to mike leech For This Useful Post: