cv car same weight, bigger tire,cv barely wins. .04 7 29.17%
cv car lighter, big tire,wins by .12 3 12.50%
cv car lighter, bigger tire, jack wins by .04 14 58.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2014, 10:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm421 View Post
If Jack only goes 7.99 he'll get laughed right out of the yard.
Won't be me laughing at him. I've been In the shoes of running your personal best at a track and getting laughed at........

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.890@157.08 MPH in Iowa in June’23 ,157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 02-15-2014, 10:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I wouldn't bet the farm on either. Fulton knows what he's doing and so does Jack's group. Won't be no 400 lb. difference, and by the way a 10.5 W is pretty far from a small tire. That being said, if Fulton should win this race ANY way whatsoever with his design flawed, #5 leaning, no velocity, bent tree looking heads it's a major kick in the teeth! In public perception, Jack really has nothing to win. But oh my, what he can lose!!

Old 02-15-2014, 10:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
Won't be me laughing at him. I've been In the shoes of running your personal best at a track and getting laughed at........
That's not even his personal best. I guarantee you if Jack runs a .99, he'll be pissed.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
? that sounds like my sister in laws vietnamese/engrish. WTF did that mean?
He is hoping that Jack beats himself because none of his detractors will line up against him and shut him up.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
Any of the CV racers that actually show up for any grudge match that has been called out will earn my respect , win or loose.
We could all switch to Chevrolet!!! HA! Sorry John. Had to.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
are you kidding? lets start a poll to see if KRE will have a tent there? Or if the pits will still be all paved?

... well, while I can appreciate gtogeorge's poll idea, I think it may have been a bit off target ...

... I think the poll should be whether or not jack leaves early again this year, just like he did last year ...

Old 02-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
I am not voting for either one as Both are very good racers and it would be a sucker bet to pick one over the other. Best of luck to both racers, be it e-heads, CV-1 heads or Visner heads.

Tom V.

... there won't be any eheads in this race ...

Old 02-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We haven't heard anything from Dick about any of this yet. Will Dick have his engine program online by Norwalk this year?

Old 02-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
... well, while I can appreciate gtogeorge's poll idea, I think it may have been a bit off target ...

... I think the poll should be whether or not jack leaves early again this year, just like he did last year ...
That was two years ago, I had to be at work 7:30 Moday morning.

I have gone to Norwalk just about every year for the past 15 years!

Will you be taking donations to make it to a Norwalk this year?

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 02-15-2014, 04:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

I love the trash talk leading up to a big race(s), but at the end of the day I want to see a good race and Pontiacs going fast!

Dick could build a stock block combo and it would be fast. I'm looking forward to a KILLER Norwalk this year!

The Following User Says Thank You to David Holmberg For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
If Jack only goes 7.99 he'll get laughed right out of the yard.

Wow! Tough crowd. I'm beginning to feel sorry for Jack with all the raised expectations.

Jim

****'63 Tempest, 475" IAII, Wenzler Super Chief heads, converted to blown alcohol, Birdcatcher, Littlefield 10-71 high helix. Best pass to date: 7.67 @ 181.59 (1/4 mi.), 4.95 @ 143.67 (1/8 mi.), 1.18 (60 ft)

7.75 @ 178 pass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iez3...ature=youtu.be

First seven second pass(7.98): https://wwwoutube.com/watch?v=DK17...ature=youtu.be

Thanks to Paul Carter @ Koerner Racing Engines

Old 02-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooldgoats View Post
Wow! Tough crowd. I'm beginning to feel sorry for Jack with all the raised expectations.

Jim
It went 8.04 last year with a spinning 60'. No need to feel bad for me I think we will do okay.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
The Following User Says Thank You to LiL Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 04:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooldgoats View Post

Jim
Jack is staying tight lipped on expectations. He like me probably learned long ago that my feet don't fit to well in my mouth. That being said, I would bet anything that Jack will be broken hearted with a 7.99. Unless the track is wet! lol

Old 02-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Senior Chief

I got nothing to lose here. We'll be trying to make it down the track with those junk CV-1 heads that don't make any power. You know - the ports are shaped all wrong, the valve placement is all wrong, the valve angles are all wrong, the exhaust port sucks, they don't respond to normal porting upgrades because the ports are so poorly designed, and as we all know, they burn up pistons! Did I miss anything?

If one were to follow the conventional wisdom from the Plumbers Brain Trust of Gach and Jack, I should order several extra sets of pistons, so I don't run out before Norwalk.

On the other hand, after all the CV-1 bashing Jack has done (even in unrelated threads), he better hope and pray that his new billet "Gaby-What" heads exceed any and all expectations. Because if they don't, payback is gonna be a biotch!

So is Gaby actually doing the port work himself? Or did he farm the work out to Curtis Boggs or someone else? LOL

Dick Fulton

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Badbird69 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 05:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird69 View Post
I got nothing to lose here. We'll be trying to make it down the track with those junk CV-1 heads that don't make any power. You know - the ports are shaped all wrong, the valve placement is all wrong, the valve angles are all wrong, the exhaust port sucks, they don't respond to normal porting upgrades because the ports are so poorly designed, and as we all know, they burn up pistons! Did I miss anything?

If one were to follow the conventional wisdom from the Plumbers Brain Trust of Gach and Jack, I should order several extra sets of pistons, so I don't run out before Norwalk.

On the other hand, after all the CV-1 bashing Jack has done (even in unrelated threads), he better hope and pray that his new billet "Gaby-What" heads exceed any and all expectations. Because if they don't, payback is gonna be a biotch!

So is Gaby actually doing the port work himself? Or did he farm the work out to Curtis Boggs or someone else? LOL

Dick Fulton
Finally, now it appears it "really is about to get good".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GTO Dan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:

Dick Fulton
Six months and a few days. I cant wait. We sat back for three years. we will be there to mix it up with all the big dogs. Hope to see you there Dick .

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EPC_Motorsports For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Jack is staying tight lipped on expectations.
Mike... you might want to rethink that!

Telling us he will "Skull drag all of them", (post 333 2014predictions thread) when he knows Dick has gone 7.7's a few years back isn't raising expectations??? Thats tight lipped???

He made an unconditional statement right there.
He wrote it!
Unless it conveniently disappears, he is stuck with the consequences of such a bold statement.

I wish him well... hope the new heads give him what he needs to accomplish the task...
"Skull Dragger" TTFMF...

Regardless, Dick has already been .2+ quicker than Jacks best ever in east coast air ttfmf. Dick didnt have the primo air to boost his numbers. I dont think Dick is building a slower combo.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jack has made no reference what kind of power or e.t. he expects.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
It went 8.04 last year with a spinning 60'. No need to feel bad for me I think we will do okay.
You better not spin the tires this year!

Old 02-15-2014, 07:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Dick Fulton

Nah, Gaby sent me a couple pics of what he is doing to the heads. It's his "old man" hands and blue and white back ground shop in the back of the pic.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s