Old 01-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Suspended

Default #s matching-tripower judge on ebay

i bet you guys never saw one these,seller claims numbers matching-tripower judge!WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAS TO BE WORTH A FORTUNE-EXCEPT HE LOST THE RAM AIR PAN FOR THE TRIPOWER.i am still trying to figure out how a 59 looking tripower fits on 69 heads?????????

Old 01-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 01-10-2009, 11:04 PM

Default Look at yourself

Yeah not everybody is as intelligent as gregsgtos2. But I bet you never contacted the individual to help them out but you will go out of your way to poke fun. Sad that us Pontiac people has intelligent people like yourself in the same hobby.

Last edited by yourpontiacparts; 01-10-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

it does have the original engine, that is a major plus.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I wonder if the VIN is earlier than BetWinners 01C Baltimore Judge.
Its about 3000 or 4000 earlier than my 02C Baltimore.

"H" date codes on the heads would be the earliest I've ever seen on a 69 Judge.
Dare to say "too early" ? but never say never

Should be a Pattern Built Judge when PHS gets posted.

Radiator support looks like 68.

Seems like a decent project at a fair price. It just needs to be viewed/inspected by someone with Pontiac knowledge. Pictures and description leave a lot to be desired.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

That cars near me, maybe i should go check it out! i'm no judge restoration expert thou. don't think i've seen this car before around here, but don't know how long it's been off the road either. heck, i might know who it belongs to or someone who does know the owner! as I make a point to talk to any classic pontiac owners i've run into locally over the last 20 years! several of my non- Pontiac friends call me when they run across pontiac stuff as i'm usually the only guy they know that into Pontiacs!

Last edited by pont406; 01-11-2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Suspended

oh,dont worry.i am sure that someone will tell him everything he needs to know.only when they do that,they will probably make some one on here that is trying to buy it pay alot more for it than they would have if they didnt educate him.i know some people that think they are helping,are actually hurting.dont worry,i am not trying to buy it,so that is not my motive.i think the seller is responsible to learn something about what they are selling.i remember,but you guys must have forgotten,the only reason i ever got on this site is when i was building and selling gtos and i had people calling me to tell me how all the experts on here were cutting on my cars.remember?????????

Old 01-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post

Should be a Pattern Built Judge when PHS gets posted.

Radiator support looks like 68.

Seems like a decent project at a fair price. It just needs to be viewed/inspected by someone with Pontiac knowledge. Pictures and description leave a lot to be desired.
I owned a 1969 Judge, Baltimore car, with a VIN of 242379B151562

The car spent most of it's life in MN, until the late 90s when it went, with it's MN owner, to AZ. He kept it for several years and sold it to an AZ collector, who subsequently sold it several years ago.

Here's the build sheet:

And a picture when finished

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)
Old 01-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i saw that & its either a scam or the guy truley doesnt know what he has as hes not really answering the questions right.
No judge wing or holes for no ram air cables or nothing....... Id be careful with that one or lowball em

AC Cobra Kit Car 521 670 HP/715 Trq
LOOKING FOR V PARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

PHS is posted, looks to be a real Judge!

Old 01-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
My vin is 154XXX and the one for sale if 156XXX I believe. My date codes are October 1968 which is J so his have a larger spread. 68gtoMN's vin below is before mine. My ship date is 2-5-69 though which may mean nothing.

I sometimes wonder what might indicate the build sequence because info is not always consistent. The vin may be the best estimate.

68gtoMN, I would like to know what was used to connect the 2 ram air cables on the upper pan on your car. My car uses a piece of stamped metal that the 2 cables fit into. A bolt, washer and nut are used to tighten the cables down. I don't know how long this was used before the factories switched to the first block connector. What did your former Judge use if you can remember?

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:42 PM

This thread is one of the reasons I signed up today . God im still pissed at my Best man of my wedding . My best man Rick had a 69 Judge , you know the orange colored one , 400 A/T black interior . I came home one day after work and Rick own the house across the street from me and there was the Judge lifted by the strap type wreckers right on the nose of the car . So I walked over and asked him whats wrong with it ? He says I ripped the header off of it because it sat low ( driveway had a big lip ) and It pissed me off so I sold It . I said what ? I told him if he ever would sell the Judge I want to be first inline , I guess I wasnt . He sold the car for $250.00 back in 1980 and it had Factory paint but was rusting around the rear 1/4 . Here is a guy that I pulled engines ,transmissions and all other stupid stuff with and he sells the car from right out from me . We were not close after that . I seen him two years ago and I broke his stones of "How is my GTO doing ? " When they named him they left the first letter out from his name ........ The letter ......... P....k . Im still pissed .

Old 01-14-2009, 02:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for finally responding BW. lol

I remembered your codes being Oct/Nov, thats why i wondered how the VIN fit in with yours. Being they are both Baltimore. Yours is about 2000 vins before this one.

"H" 68 date code is way out of synch on those heads. I don't think they are original to the car. Just an educated opinion.

The poor guy only halfway answers half of the questions he posts that get asked.

I'd be interested in the block and intake dates of the car. But so far he hasn't been able to even post the block code or head codes that have been in 2 or 3 of the questions he posted. It does look like the head code is _8 in the head date picture.
No response to my questions so far.

It is a 'Pattern Built' Judge.

I'm not slapping the car. Just always curious.
I hope its nice and that the next owner is very satisfied with it overall.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Thanks for finally responding BW. lol
I don't always follow every thread...............

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Suspended

car was sold new about 15 minutes from my dads house.he used to have me take his 69 gto convertible there for service when i got my license.i believe regenold pontiac went out of business a few years ago.looks like a good project,the tripower would be good trading stock for other parts needed for the judge.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Seller states in answers to questions that the tripower is included but not meant to go with the car. So he does know that it didn't come with it!

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 01-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Suspended

he does---NOW.read the original ad.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The 69 Judge I am currently restoring is also an early Baltimore car. When I ran the PHS several years ago, Jim Mattison CALLED to say that mine was the earliest Baltimore built car he had seen so far. My vin is B154xxx and the PHS ship date is 02/11/69. He may have been referring to a US delivered car when he made his statement however.

Bet Winner has the earliest known PHS ship date of 02/05/69 however his Judge went to Canada. 68gtoMN has the lowest Baltimore Judge VIN I have seen so far however his ship date wasn't until 02/13/69. I'm also curious how the body numbers compare, I've found they are all over the place with no rhym or reason. Also, why would ship dates be two days apart on cars over 3,000 vins# apart?

By the way, 68gtoMN's old car and my car are IDENTICAL in every color and option. His pattern order # is 00021 and mine is 00022. Bet Winner, how is your car equipped compared to B151562?

Also, does anyone have a US delivered Baltimore Judge with a PHS ship date before 02/11/69?

The auction car looks like a decent deal even without the tripower.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 01-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bet Winner View Post
I don't always follow every thread...............
I was being sarcastically goofy.
Should have PM'd you about this one.

GTOJOHN, BW's car shipped to Virginia.
The one that shipped to Canada was shipped in late January.
GTOPLACE's shipped to California in late January.
Other than those two - Feb 5 seems to be earliest release - and have seen numerous with that Feb 5 date.

On the "pattern/zone" 000** Stick cars, the only variations on options were 3 speed stick / 4 speed stick. And Parchment / Black interiors.
Otherwise they are all the same equipment.

Out of about nearly 100 or so Stick models I have viewed, only seen 3 with the 3spd Stick. Most common seems to be Black Interior with 4spd.

John V. did a write up for us in another thread that helped put 'some' rhyme to these "pattern built zone cars". They went to zone lots (like a storage tank). And were released as dealer orders came in for one. Standing orders seem to have been held until Feb 5.

A lot of these were built and stored 1-2-3 weeks prior to being released.
Some even longer. The latest ship date on a Pattern Judge i've seen was in late March or early April. It was built in late Jan or early Feb. A PY member owns it.

It would have been a real Kodak moment seeing a lot with 50-100+ brand new Orange Judges coralled together.

Old 01-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

BVZ, Thanks for the good info as usual.

I wonder if all this stuff is being archived by somebody....

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com