Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 02-28-2021, 02:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbking View Post
Shiny - yes. EVERY image MUST be individually processed, by someone who understands carburetor parts, to determine what image goes with which other image!

Stuart - YES, it is a pain in the "you pick the anatomy part"!

But the good news is: they actually preserved the information, albeit in less than ideal fashion.

So much automotive data has just been thrown away. I am happy that both Stromberg and Carter DID think ahead to archive their data.

This is less intense than was the conversion of the Pontiac sales filmstrip/record combinations to digital. We averaged 5 hours per filmstrip/record combination, and have converted approximately 325 of them, beginning in the 1930's. Below is a sample from 1955:

https://www.thecarburetorshop.com/55-1.wmv

Jon.
Sorry, Jon, I can't help with this problem but there are members who I think can. But I want to thank you for posting the above video. What a time capsule treasure and the work to make it available. Thank you.

"No replacement for displacement!"

GTOAA--https://www.gtoaa.org/