73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 04-04-2003, 09:34 AM

There's a Can Am for sale on e-bay that looks like it'll sell for over $8k (looks like very good cond. but not excellent). There's another on the internet for $15k (show winner). Is this realistic? Seems like every time I get my sites set on some model of Pontiac I get sticker shock. My problem - local cars always go much cheaper but come around only once in a blue moon.

Three kids, one wife, one dog, and one 1985 T/A I bought new.

Old 04-04-2003, 09:34 AM

There's a Can Am for sale on e-bay that looks like it'll sell for over $8k (looks like very good cond. but not excellent). There's another on the internet for $15k (show winner). Is this realistic? Seems like every time I get my sites set on some model of Pontiac I get sticker shock. My problem - local cars always go much cheaper but come around only once in a blue moon.

Three kids, one wife, one dog, and one 1985 T/A I bought new.

Old 04-04-2003, 12:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Volo Car museum had a Can Am for sale last year for $16K. It was there a while before it was gone. Don't know if it sold or if it was a consignment.

Three kids, one wife, one dog, and one 74 Grand Am owned since 1977.

http://fiedlerh.home.att.net/

Old 04-04-2003, 02:53 PM

Duffy's has one for about that, too. But I've always considered them high priced. Collector Car Trader Online has 4 right now. $8-$9k seems average.

Three kids, one wife, one dog.
1978-1984: '73 Grand Am (miss her)
1985-Present: 1985 T/A

Old 04-07-2003, 10:02 AM

I really don't think prices are an issue when you really want something, within reason of course. I had a 73-Lemans for about 7-years back when I was 16. I bought it for $1000.00 from a lady I knew. It had only 30,000 miles on it and it was sweet. It was that real light blue so I had it painted a deep blue, threw on a set of Crager S/S mag, dual exhaust, stero, power antenna, little blue lights on the axle and voila, a grat cruise car. Finally now that I'm older I bought another car similiar to it. I bought a 1973 GrandAm from Ellingson Museum for about $12,000. I had it appraised for $14,000. Can I get this much, maybe, ist it worth it, yes. Although I have and can do a major rebuild I don't have the time anymore, so I bought this low milage car (26,000mi) and now my family and I go cruising. Everything is relevant,time and money. When you have the time you have no money and vice versa. If you have the time and enjoy restoring vehicles sure you might save some money buying a car that needs work and have a lot of fun searching for parts. Whatever you decide have fun.

Old 04-08-2003, 08:06 AM

Price IS the issue. If $9K is ballpark, I'll pay $9K. I've admired Can Ams since they first came out, but I don't live or die for them. You guys know how difficult it is to cut thru the b.s. prices some people want for their cars. Unfortunately, the Internet is a bad place to price shop. On the other hand, these cars don't show up in the local papers, either . . .

Three kids, one wife, one dog.
1978-1984: '73 Grand Am (miss her)
1985-Present: 1985 T/A