Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 03-05-2010, 12:08 AM

Default just a poorboy 464.62 THE GHOST

I read these threads--of course no-one will give up secrets-long time to come by--understandable!
I have a 69 GTO no a/c, probably will be a muncie(would like o/d --but can't afford unless I get very lucky)3.36 rear.
ON A BUDGET!--455 bored .040 over, Kieth black pistons, of corse clevite 77's,6x#4 heads-milled .060-about 2cc's less than e-heads (will port according to Jim Hand's book----------valves just smaller due to --forgiveness because you can can chevy valves all day long for free! ---to port by)
I'm looking for a cam that will shake the ground and kick A$$.
I like q-jet--but that D/P on top!!! K&N filter -----full time ram air---.
A family friend gave me (the ghost---burned in a fire in Jersey, next to my 67 427 tri power 4 spd ragtop Vette, his original 67 a/c COBRA was next to my 69 JUDGE pro built
18.5,s, 671 blower, 4 spd, pizza cutters, wheelie bars,
The man still bought me a 71 Pontiac 455 HO after the fact...(oh yeah -a 71 455 HO was on an engine stand for back up.........."hey i wouldn't have any of this if it hadn't been for you" THANK YOU O T..................
I want to be worthy of ..to paint --on the trunk lid Thank You O.T
Thank You --
I never got to drive either one--my wife and I watched the three story storage facility colapse in flames----------nad when I told the man he didn"t owe me a thing-he still bought me a 455 ram air(all original) which is on a bank rupt farm and the I.R.S> wont let me have .........
The gauges in the car were from a fellow-Marines car that died in Beiriut----come to find out was my wife's fiancee. Yes the gauges and some other things are from the 71.
TRIVIA! the rareist 71 GTO one of 13 ---only 13 71 GTO's with 70 R/A 400--ordered by white collars-- they made the option-------------I learned that from an appraiser in Michigan when I had my baby. ---in 1985 that 1 of 13 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ money was not the issue--a 17 year old in daddies mopar company car took her from me. thats why I want to build her again---
Sorry got off track---Looking for a cam that will thump and kicka$$.
Sorry such a long note ..I read-- some of you guys really know ponchos--Thank you for your time. any help greatly appreciated. Thank You
The Goest(ghost)

Old 03-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Whoa !

Talk about ADHD....

Old 03-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

W those kinda killer heads, you might look at the comp cams catalog, go to the magnum line, straight to the bottom of page it a 300 magnum should fix you right up, thump an kick$$$$ just about describes it,

Old 03-08-2010, 09:03 PM

Thanks I'll check it out.